mark sheppard
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"The Lord will raise a standard up and lead his people on."-King Alfred the Great
mbmbmbmbmb
HI,
If you have a interest in early medieval warfare i am pleased to announce that the first game in the Alfred the Great Warrior Kings series titled: Alfred the Great The Great Heathen Army 871AD has been completed and is available as a PNP game at www.redkinggames.com
The game is low complexity but is designed to have enough tactical and Strategic choices to reflect the period and the challenges King Alfred and his Viking opponents had to make in their battle for supremacy in Wessex in 871AD.

Regards
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

Very interesting time period, and I don't mind Print & Play. Questions --

1. Are the counters 1-sided or 2? 1-sided are much easier to produce.

2. I-go-you-go? Action-impulse? What's the nature of the play?

3. What does 2+ players mean please? Can you indicate how you play it with more than two players? Teams, all-for-one, etc.

4. If I wanted to just buy the rules to have a look, what would I need to purchase?

Good luck to you sir.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sheppard
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"The Lord will raise a standard up and lead his people on."-King Alfred the Great
mbmbmbmbmb
HI Sagrilarus

(1)The Counters are 1 sided

(2) I go you go

(3)sorry for the +,must be a typo! it is 2 player but can be played solitaire-(could you let me know where you saw the + and i will remove it.)

(4)each game has 2 versions-1 a full game with counters(A4 map) and a game that can be played with 1.72 scale figures for a 3D effect.you need to print a A3 size map with the figures.(miniatures game is cheaper to buy as no counter sheets included)

(5)If you send me a email from my website i will send you the rules to you.[ www.redkinggames.com]

Thanks for your interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sheppard
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just thinking i should you give you more background on the game-

I read a book by the author Bernard Cornwell called "The Last Kingdom" (first book in a series of 7 so far)which is a historical fiction book which has 'Alfred the Great' heavily involved in the story,at the time i was living in the UK and managed to travel to a lot of the sites mentioned in the book and i became fascinated by Alfred and the Saxon defence to stop the Vikings(mainly Danes)from conquering Wessex.i wanted to play a game that reflected this period but couldn't find one that really matched my need. i didn't want a battle game of Ashdown or Wilton though no doubt they would be fascinating,but a game that reflected the strategic choices Halfdan/Guthrum had to make to conquer Wessex,and Alfred to defend in the period of 871AD(before the Burh building process began).

i hope this give you a little more insight to why,when and how.
cheers
M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis P
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Looks interesting.

BTW: on the 'Games' tab on your site, the $7.50 game has a typo on the buy button. It has 'But' instead of 'Buy'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sheppard
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks travis ill fix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

It's on the Wargame Downloads web site that you link to for purchasing.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sheppard
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!-i have sent the change to Wargame downloads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.