Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Mansions of Madness replacement box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Morley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Im new here so sorry if this isnt the right place to post this. I picked up a copy if MoM recently but the box is ruined. I like the artwork so would like everything to be good condition so am looking to replace it. I emailed Fantasy Flight if they did replacements and they dont and looked round the internet but cant find anything, so i was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere i might be able to pick one up or anything?

Cheers,
Dave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dave,
Did you buy the game new or second hand?.
If new, you could contact the supplier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
I got it from ebay new but it was advertised as damaged. im just being anal and what it all looking nice, but i think ill have to live with the damaged box.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vincent
msg tools
fwiw: I use a ginormous faux book storage box ($8 at a thrift store), which was the perfect size for holding MoM. I made it look a bit more mythosy with an image printed out from the internet, and some metal corner embellishments (from the scrap-booking section of a nearby craft store).

Check out this thread for more ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for the link Matthew. Some really cool ideas there. I might try and be more creative with a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you even tried to contact FFG about it? Usually they are pretty forthcoming with things like this and hapily send replacement cards, tokens or even entire gaming boards if they are misplaced or broken.

The fact that you bought it from ebay should not matter as long as you have the small square token with the game's registration number.

Just ask them; I think they can spare an empty box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Thompson
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my original box, COTW and the Forbidden alchemy boxes. I think they're all in as new condition. And willing to give them up (they are saved mainly because I don't like throwing away any component of a game) but I think shipping to the UK (from US) would be cost prohibitive.

I put all of my components in a sleuth's leather satchel.

-Terry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
I contacted FF first but they said because of the price of producing the boxes they dont get spares so couldnt help me.

thanks for the offer Terry, but like you say i think the postage would be a bit much. I like your custom case and the example from a previous link that was posted so im going to look in to doing something like that.

Cheers,
Dave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.