5 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Runners multi activations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For example: I have out of runners minis and runner is moving. At his first action he will split=extra activation. On his second action he must split too=extra activation. How to play right this situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, every time that you need to spawn a runner, or create a new runner through splitting an uneven amount of runners, yeah, you need to give all the runners on the board an extra activation.

However, in my experience, the majority of splitting tends to happen inside buildings, and generally one of the routes will put the figures against the wall, where they no longer need to split to move towards the door. Put the odd number of miniatures in that zone, so that the zone that needs to split can do so without generating an extra activation. I'd imagine that when runners split in the street, it would generally only happen once...there aren't going to be several zones in a row that have multiple routes, as the routes tend to go around buildings. There will be exceptions of course...but just being smart about putting the odd number zombies in a split in the zone that won't need to split again can help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't fully understand it - how many activations will be for all other runners in this situation? Can someone write step-by-step instruction for runners movement this situation, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Watterson
England
flag msg tools
mb
Daimond wrote:
Don't fully understand it - how many activations will be for all other runners in this situation? Can someone write step-by-step instruction for runners movement this situation, please?

I'm thinking if you provided a diagram, a visual aid if you will, of the scenerio, the resulting explanation would be more easily understood - though maybe it is just me who finds pictures + arrows easier to follow than paragraphs and paragraphs of text. modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:

If you have a situation where a group of Runners splits on both their actions, and you're out of Runners, then they will get two re-activations.

There is no set way to handle this. Some perform re-activations immediately. Some make a note of how many re-activations are needed and perform them after completing the main activation.

Do whatever works best for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.