Popular Tags: Trade_offer_ignored [+] [View All]
Byron Morgan
United States
Freedom
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
im relatively new. I love the idea of trading games and have done a few and had a great experience. But Im finding it hard to find people who trade/respond to trade offers. Is this normal? I try to look at their profiles and look when the last time they have logged in. I just wanna trade and it seems hard to find people who want to do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade offers getting ignored is a common problem on this site. Just check the tag on this post!

One tip is to send a geekmail to the person before sending a trade offer, it's a good way to gauge interest.

You should look into math trades here, they might seem a little intimidating, but they are really straightforward, you'll have a lot more success with a Math Trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Morgan
United States
Freedom
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i have read a bit about math trades. It does seem a bit intimidating. Is there a forum for math trades?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
myronborgan wrote:
i have read a bit about math trades. It does seem a bit intimidating. Is there a forum for math trades?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/93555/math-trade-guide

This should answer a few questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at your trade list. Most of it isn't really interesting, at least to me. You've got a lot of the typical thrift store floatsam and not so many gamer's games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave VanderArk
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Real trade offer example: Someone offers to trade their used copy of Love Letter (available online for $6.95), for a game that is long out of print, had an online price of $40 when it was available, and is not available in the Marketplace for under $30.

I have had three offers like that in the past year. One was offering Love Letter, one was offering Carcassonne, one was offering Citadels. If you take the time to check my collection, you'll see that I own each one of these games. Offers like these are insulting.

Generally speaking, what you offer should be similar in value to what you're attempting to receive.

If you don't have something that's close in value, look at the other person's want list, see if there is something available online, and offer to buy him/her a brand new copy and have it shipped to them in exchange for the game you're looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Morgan
United States
Freedom
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Vander Ark wrote:
Real trade offer example: Someone offers to trade their used copy of Love Letter (available online for $6.95), for a game that is long out of print, had an online price of $40 when it was available, and is not available in the Marketplace for under $30.

I have had three offers like that in the past year. One was offering Love Letter, one was offering Carcassonne, one was offering Citadels. If you take the time to check my collection, you'll see that I own each one of these games. Offers like these are insulting.

Generally speaking, what you offer should be similar in value to what you're attempting to receive.

If you don't have something that's close in value, look at the other person's want list, see if there is something available online, and offer to buy him/her a brand new copy and have it shipped to them in exchange for the game you're looking for.

I've done this before. What I'm seeing is non replies and unupdated want lists

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Worcester
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribe to this thread. Wait for a big US math trade. List some games. Ask many questions. Trade away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your right I've submitted more trades than I can even remember only to have ALL but one entirely ignored. I've had more luck with a facebook page of local gamers (about 20-30) then I have with all of boardgamegeek community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.