Tripp Ritter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am almost positive this is the case, but I wanted to be sure. Ranged attacks on the hotel also take the reduction in step loss, so the one step loss becomes a zero and the two step loss becomes a 1. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tripp wrote:
Ranged attacks on the hotel also take the reduction in step loss

Well... 5.2.5 says "The Hotel is considered a normal forest hex for all game purposes except as follows: When occupied by one or more defending infantry or MG units, the defenders ignore the first loss suffered in all Combats and Assaults for as long as they occupy the hex." Ranged Attacks are different, and they inflict step reductions rather than losses which can be taken as step reductions. So I think the answer is no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tripp Ritter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was part of my confusion too Rusty, they are not combats exactly, so they may not fit the bill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tripp Ritter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah looking at the definitions, I think it is clear that it is not a combat or assault:

Combat: (8.0) An attack against units in an adjacent hex, re- solved by comparing total CS of each side and rolling on the CRT.

Ranged Attack: (10.0) Attacks which generally take place at a range of 2 or more hexes.

So I agree, ranged attacks do not have the modifier applied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Tripp's Finn in the hotel, I have this to say: Uh oh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The hotel does not allow you to ignore a step reduction from Ranged Attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.