Popular Tags: [View All]
Angela Kincaid
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
After Giganten, most people left. Of leaving, Chris said: “A footnight to the night's activity was enjoying a walk in pitch black down the driveway to my car which was parked down on the road. No Moon, just a clear, starry sky, barely able to makeout the driveway. But then I got seriously weirded out remembering that a Mountain Lion attacked your dog. It's suprising what your eyes can begin to see in the dark. The thought of oneself as food is a tough concept to swallow.”

After the exodus, we lightened up a bit. Out comes Hare & Tortoise.

Hare & Tortoise is probably a kids game, though I think the carrot bank would become hopelessly messed up an unmanageable under the care of those with less mature motor skills. It got pretty hopeless as it was.

In Hare & Tortoise, you pay carrots (represented by carrot cards) in order to move forward. The only way to get carrots is to either lose a turn (while eating cabbages) or move backward to a tortoise spot. You MUST eat three cabbages in order to cross the finish line. It was an interesting, colorful balancing act. Not great amounts of fun, but we were pretty tired. I’d like to try this one again when I’m a bit more alert. I’d also like to try this one with my son.

Hare & Tortoise results:
Carl First
Fred Second
Angela Third

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.