Subject: Any interest in a BPA tournament? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Flowers

Odenton
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering organizing a Tzolk'in tournament using the platform over at Boite a Jeux.

Note: I would prefer that this be a BPA (Boardgame Players Association) tournament, because I attend their convention (WBC) and I like to support them. This would mean participants would have to at least have an Associate Membership ($10) with the organization at the start of the tournament. (http://www.boardgamers.org/forms/MemberForm.shtml for additional details)

Currently I'm leaning towards having a Swiss-Elimination type tournament, with a couple of waves of games (so we might play 3-5 simultaneous games, then another 3-5 simultaneous games), with the top players going to some sort of elimination rounds.

Given the time to get this organized and get the word out, I'd probably target starting sometime after the next WBC (mid-August or so).

In order to get this blessed as an event by the BPA, I would need to get at least 25 participants, and a couple of people to volunteer as assistants (mainly to rule in any games I play in).

Is there anyone interested in playing in such a tournament (and possibly being an assistant?). If so, please post here, or message me privately if you prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob,

I would be interested in playing, though I do not know anything about the BOite a Jeux platform.

I am GMIng the Tzolk'in event at WBC and would be happy to be an assistant for your event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Freeman
United States
Richboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be willing to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob - if you would like, I would be happy to alert people to the possible PBeM tournament during the WBC tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play. I have never played a game on www.boiteajeux.net -- this is a turn-based platform, not real-time, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew E
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd be in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Flowers

Odenton
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
Rob - if you would like, I would be happy to alert people to the possible PBeM tournament during the WBC tournament.

I was planning on something like that. I'm required to give at least 6 weeks notice anyway, so starting after WBC and plugging it there seems a good idea.

(Sadly, I won't be able to play in the advanced rounds there because it conflicts with El Grande.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Flowers

Odenton
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saccenti wrote:
I'll play. I have never played a game on www.boiteajeux.net -- this is a turn-based platform, not real-time, correct?

Correct. It was recently (May) released there, and is a turn based platform.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only other place I had found it online was Board Game Arena, which is real time, so that wouldn't work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Ackerman
United States
Palm Beach
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epworthian wrote:
saccenti wrote:

Correct. It was recently (May) released there, and is a turn based platform.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only other place I had found it online was Board Game Arena, which is real time, so that wouldn't work.

BGA recently added turn-based support. It works well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Flowers

Odenton
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'll go check that out, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Flowers

Odenton
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll keep checking this thread, but it's apparent that we'll have to see if there's enough support after we plug it at this years WBC in order to get it going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Flowers

Odenton
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, I'm getting closer to organized on this. If you are interested please visit the below website for the tournament format and send me message.

http://epworthian.wordpress.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.