Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Galaxy Defenders Earth Strikes Back KS Campaign still has six three 33 hours left on Kickstarter, so if you haven't already joined the campaign, it's not too late! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/galaxy-defen...

The expansions are adding tons of awesome new Aliens, power suits, power armor, and rules allowing for critical hits (instead of rolling defense dice) and much much more!

Ares Games said they are going to announce a list of stretch goals up to $300k tomorrow, and there are some ridiculously awesome Stretch Goals unlocked like Terminator-like Aliens, a Darth Maul type master alien, as well as exclusive agents based on Neo and Trinity from the Matrix and much much more! here's an image of the reward summary so far http://www.galaxy-defenders.com/kickstarter/GD_REWARD_SUMMAR... (Blue is Earth pledge, red/purple are Galaxy/Moon pledges. Any pledge above Earth has the option to add-on more extras too.) The add-ons for Moon/Galaxy alone are worth $205.

UPDATE: add-ons for moon and Galaxy are now worth $220!!! That's more then the current available Moon pledge level!!! With the expansions and blue level stretch goals Moon's are worth $400+!!!! Galaxy's are worth $520+!!!

Here's the recent reward summary: (uploaded most recent as of 6/14/14)

New stretch goals posted: (6/16/14)

Seriously haven't seen a ks with this much of a deal yet, the moon level is comparable to Minecart for Shadows of brimestone - same value, BUT at more than half the price!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Franke
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
Re: In case any of you haven't heard...
It is indeed a very good deal and you will get alot of stuff for your hard earned money. Has been a very nice and successfull kickstarter so far and the game developer is keeping a very nice contact with the backers.
I am realy glad, I discovered this and I would not want to miss it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the best campaigns I've seen - like this one and the 1st GD - were ones where the creators were very active! They seem to never sleep!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see the campaign doing so well. I won't be backing because I missed on a couple of early birds - won't pay $21 more for the privilege of getting the same stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Glad to see the campaign doing so well. I won't be backing because I missed on a couple of early birds - won't pay $21 more for the privilege of getting the same stuff.

Keep your eye on the campaign - esp the last day, ive already seen galaxy and earth eb 1 and 2s open up.

Besides, the moon level with add-ons is already worth over $380 ($155 expansions, $20 exclusives figures and earth level stretch goals, plus $205 of moon/galaxy stretch goals). Even the normal pledge level is a huge savings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to add all the minis are nice solid molds. Not like other games where they give you tons of cheap flimsy minis. These are pretty darn good quality for a table top game..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

You do realize that discounts and sales happen ALL THE TIME right? Not just on KS, but they even happened before the invention of the internet. And they all ended eventually. I'm not sure there is anything you can purchase today that wasn't sold at a cheaper price at some point in time (even accounting for inflation). Do you just not buy anything, ever?

If I got a jar of your favorite peanut butter on sale for $1, would that mean that you would never be willing to buy that same size/brand jar for more than $1?

That is basically what your view is, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm backing. Started at EB4 and it took me 2 days to jump up to EB1.

Now to speak specific to sales/early-birds in general...
Yes, sales happen and someone shouldn't get upset about missing a sale.
Early-bird pledges are sales, yes. They are designed to drum up early pledge totals which in turn keep driving the KS towards success. I think early-bird pledge levels are just fine (so long as the discount level isn't too steep).

I do, however, take issue with staggered early-birds. There's no call to stagger them. Figure out your costs and how many early-birds you can afford to offer and offer one giant pool of EBs at _one_ level. My 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up the base game for $50. I suspect that if I want the expansions next year I will be able to get them for a LOT cheaper then what the Kickstarter is going for.

The add-ones and Kickstarter extras do not seem to add much value to me.

For those who want all the extras go for it, but I don't see the value for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Hero_guy wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

You do realize that discounts and sales happen ALL THE TIME right? Not just on KS, but they even happened before the invention of the internet. And they all ended eventually. I'm not sure there is anything you can purchase today that wasn't sold at a cheaper price at some point in time (even accounting for inflation). Do you just not buy anything, ever?

If I got a jar of your favorite peanut butter on sale for $1, would that mean that you would never be willing to buy that same size/brand jar for more than $1?

That is basically what your view is, right?

Actually my basic view is that it's none of your business what I think.

If you come on a PUBLIC forum and post what you think, then you make your thoughts the business of everyone who happens to read the thread. Again, I'm not following your logic. Elaboration would be much appreciated. But feel free to come back with some other illogical remark instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:
I just picked up the base game for $50. I suspect that if I want the expansions next year I will be able to get them for a LOT cheaper then what the Kickstarter is going for.

The add-ones and Kickstarter extras do not seem to add much value to me.

For those who want all the extras go for it, but I don't see the value for me.

Going off of coolstuffinc and miniaturemarkets usual 30-33% off of msrp, the expansions together will cost somewhere between $105-112.

If you snagged an earth early bird 1 or 2 (which have been becoming more and more available as pledgers jump to moon levels), you would save $2-13, plus get all the earth level exclusives (worth at least another $130 at this point in time.)

If you really don't care about the extras, then you can sell them on ebay and make double your money back. Just something to think about.

Here's whats been unlocked so far (blue is earth level):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stretch goals up to $300,000 have been revealed:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/galaxy-defen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of derailing this thread, could you both please continue your discussion through PM/geek message?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
horfrost3 wrote:
Instead of derailing this thread, could you both please continue your discussion through PM/geek message?

Thanks!

Deleted my responses. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
horfrost3 wrote:

Actually its out to $300,001. No preasure on us, though. Thanks Agent N! Its only making a better life for an individual. J/K! I hope we make it so we can help you with your goal.

But why...why does Scandium have to be the last one? If we don't reach this one heads will roll!!! I'm not sure how yet...but rest assured someone will answer for it!

horfrost3 wrote:

Thanks!

To me, I didn't feel like we were derailing. One of the more common reasons I see for someone not backing a KS like this one is because they missed out on the EB's. If we can change some of their minds, then this KS will do better. And that was the whole point of creating this thread.

*shrugs* Either way, we're done with that particular tangent of discussion.

*****NOW EVERYONE WHO READS THIS, GO AND BACK THIS KS SO WE CAN ALL GET SCANDIUM!!!*****
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:

Actually its out to $300,001. No preasure on us, though. Thanks Agent N! Its only making a better life for an individual. J/K! I hope we make it so we can help you with your goal.

But why...why does Scandium have to be the last one? If we don't reach this one heads will roll!!! I'm not sure how yet...but rest assured someone will answer for it!

i KNOW!! gah! i guess too many of us were excited about it when they (the Gremlins) mentioned a teaser about her.. so she ended up at the top! gah! (or maybe that's where she would've been all along...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some updates: the ks just hit $260k which unlocks The Experiment red stretch goal and the movie inspired devices (ring from LOTR and disc from Tron) blue stretch goal.
This means the stretch goal value of the Moon level will be worth around $220! The current available pledge levels are at $215, so when figured in with the cost of the expansions, the matrix exclusive figures, and the stretch goal add-ons that are apart of Moon (and galaxy), you are getting a lot of really cool stuff for a very discounted price (higher than 44%)

This chart was before the $260k goals were achieved:

Here are some of the next stretch goals down the line:

Edit: added earth and galaxy charts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.