Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gonçalo
Portugal
Oliveira do Hospital
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

The Devil Pig edition is already available in Portugal(EU).

I saw sometime ago that Iello Games would also be doing a edition of the game.

Do you think threre will be any difference in the quality or the number of components?

I mean no offense to devil pig games, they deserve all the credit and respect for creating such a good looking game.

It´s just that Iello games is a bigger, probably older company that could perhaps improve things a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The quality and quantity of components is excellent in the Devil Pig version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hackman
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunha_neves wrote:
Hello!

Do you think threre will be any difference in the quality or the number of components?

I mean no offense to devil pig games, they deserve all the credit and respect for creating such a good looking game.

It´s just that Iello games is a bigger, probably older company that could perhaps improve things a bit.

Two things:

First, Iello is not "releasing" a version of the game. Further, they will not even be distributing the game in Europe...they will be distributing in North America.

Second, Iello is a terrible company that hasn't supported one portion of Heroes of Normandie. Their good reputation from games like King of Tokyo is a wild hypocrisy of their actual business practices.

Added extra... The game is produced in China. Any copies of the game will be the same aside from any publisher branding on the boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xKoBiEx wrote:
cunha_neves wrote:
Hello!

Two things:

First, Iello is not "releasing" a version of the game. Further, they will not even be distributing the game in Europe...they will be distributing in North America.

Second, Iello is a terrible company that hasn't supported one portion of Heroes of Normandie. Their good reputation from games like King of Tokyo is a wild hypocrisy of their actual business practices.

Added extra... The game is produced in China. Any copies of the game will be the same aside from any publisher branding on the boxes.

Agreed on all counts.

And I'll add this to it.

Iello went a step further with the US distribution and sub contracted it out to Alliance, without informing devil as far as I know.

And Alliance is the single WORST shipping company I've ever seen.
Period.

And I hope for all that is holy, that devil holds Alliance responsible for missing and damaged items.

Quick note as well, bigger and older doesn't really mean anything anymore.
Look at Microsoft, Dell, and Queen games.

3 perfect examples of companies that are so big, at least in rep, that they sell sub par product with sub par support.

Devil made this, from that start and deserves 100% credit for a great game with amazing production quality.
Errors aside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter is a good tool to help people produce a game (or any other project) they couldn't do alone.
The problem is that sometimes the people who 'help' in the production/distribution of the game hinders completely the success of such project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.