Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Initially, the Second Wave of Krosmaster Arena was expected for May 2014. Then I read somewhere that it was delayed along the Frigost Kickstarter. Then some french shops began selling Second Wave individual miniatures on eBay (but no closed boosters).

Now we're in June, Frigost backers are receiving their stuff, but I still can't find any public release date for the Krosmaster Second Wave.

Is there a release date for the Second Wave?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
July 5th
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For blind boxes. Window boxes will be "two months later".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
For blind boxes. Window boxes will be "two months later".

So, spend a ton of cash early and try to 'catch 'em all' or wait two months and save a ton of money, and still 'catch 'em all'.

I'm pretty sure what my choice will be. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Blind boxes = sneaky business

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They said they're only releasing blind boxes so stores can do blind draft tournaments.

I believe that about as much as you do. Just wait, at least one of those figs will be blind box only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apis Rex
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Blind boxes don't just enable draft tournaments. They also make it much easier to get doubles of much-needed commons. With nothing but window boxes you have no option to get your 2x Srammy/2x Quentin/2x Coa but to shell out the dosh for a whole window box that includes two rares you can't use and will be wasted when you redeem the code online.

With blind boosters in the mix, you can pick up a booster display (which has no duplicates, one of every common in the set, and half of the rares) and then trade for what you need from there.

We don't even have to take JAG's word that they were surprised that people wanted blind boosters in the US - that much is independently verified by Ankama. And it's not as though the blind booster format is exploitative, with some arcane tier structure featuring one-in-a-hundred-boxes minis and craziness like that. It's the same blind booster model used overseas, except unlike the rest of the world we're getting the window boxes too (and they've confirmed that EVERYTHING in the S2 blind boxes will be in the S2 window boxes). Best of all worlds, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apis Rex wrote:
With blind boosters in the mix, you can pick up a booster display (which has no duplicates, one of every common in the set, and half of the rares) and then trade for what you need from there.

Also, if they will follow EU model, displays will be packed in boxex of two and if you open two from the same box you *should* have exactly 2x of the commons and 1x each of the rares.
I said "should" because I had listened many reports of mispacked boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.