4 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Issue with the Brig and Treachery rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norway
flag msg tools
Hi there

I'm kinda new here, but I decided to look up a community for the game in order to ask a couple of questions. I have a group of 5 (+me), we run two rounds of BSG about 1-2 times a month. We've been doing it for about a year now. It's all good fun, but we have still to win as the humans. Since Im the one who actually own the games (have all four packs), Im the "rulemaster" so to speak, so I'm the one who tought everyone the game and I'm the only who is truly knowledgeable about it. Sometimes we have some issues that is clearly not adressed in the rules, so I wanted to discuss them with other players.

Last game we had a situation that no one really had a good answer to.
There was a check, current player being Lee and in the brig. A treachery card was played into the check with the skill check "The current player is sent to sickbay". It seemed really weird to us that someone who was brigged would get out of there just like that, I mean, that treachery card is supposed to be a bad thing. But here it actually turned into a sneaky way to avoid brig check.

What is the correct way to handle this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
A player cannot be sent from the "Brig" to "Sickbay". The same is true for cards such as "Witch Hunt" where a player has to be chosen to be sent to "Sickbay".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
flag msg tools
Thats what I thought. Thank you for clearing that up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
I have a cunning plan that cannot fail.
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
A player cannot be sent from the "Brig" to "Sickbay". The same is true for cards such as "Witch Hunt" where a player has to be chosen to be sent to "Sickbay".

For reference, this is a ruling in the official FAQ (p. 2, "The Brig and Sickbay")

It's also worth looking through the Unofficial FAQ, which collects a number of rulings made in response to various questions that have come up on BBG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.