Henry Jasper
United Kingdom
Penzance
Cornwall
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
As you might have seen, we've been working really hard to improve everything that we're offering with Waggle Dance, re-working the maths of the campaign and increasing our (Grublin's) origination to include rules in more languages than just English.

This means that each copy of Waggle Dance will come with English, German and French rules as standard but...we've got room for one more!

So, what should it be? Czech, Polish, Spanish, Italian, Chinese?? What would you reccomend??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dickinson
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would likely not make it Chinese, looking at another KS with designs on that market, they have not a single backer from the region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Jasper
United Kingdom
Penzance
Cornwall
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Ok (any Chinese players think differently?), but I do wonder how translatable BGG and Kickstarter are?

Another way to look at this - does anyone know where I can find more information on board game popularity by country?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Jasper
United Kingdom
Penzance
Cornwall
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Ok - from all the messages and dicussion on the Waggle Dance Kickstarter page, I think we're leaning heavily towards Spanish right now so (second highest by number of countries http://www.ethnologue.com/statistics/size) ...last chance! Is there any other reccomendations (e.g. Dutch?) that people have?

Also, still haven't managed to find a good source of information on popularity by country so if anyone can find one please post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Is it too late to propose Pollenesian?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosie Reast
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Japanese?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like the idea of having a ruleset in an entirely-invented visual language that relies on just pictures and iconography to get across the entire rules.

What could be more language independent than that?!

Also, it'd probably be really fun and pretty to look at, getting more folk excited than /just/ those who speak the new language better than an existing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Jasper
United Kingdom
Penzance
Cornwall
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Nice meta, but can you imagine the amount of work you'd need to make that happen though! Also, there is an associated issue - a game that has been made language independent by creating many new icons require the players to repeatedly engage with the game in order to be able to use the language.

Right from the start, Waggle Dance has been designed to be as accessible and as pick up & play as possible so we're only using 4 icons - everything else is a game component

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Baert
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
Insert here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutch would be nice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amarice *
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that it is finally funded I am spreading the word among my crowdfunding/gaming community/forum/retailer here in Spain.

It would be great to have the rules in Spanish, not only for welcoming new backers, but also for reaching Spanish community/retailers after the campaign.

I am really wanting to pledge for one or two copies myself, but I am waiting for confirmation of the Spanish translation or any news from my retailer.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Jasper
United Kingdom
Penzance
Cornwall
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I'm so torn about what our 4th printed language should be so please keep your feedback coming!

Amarice wrote:
It would be great to have the rules in Spanish, not only for welcoming new backers, but also for reaching Spanish community/retailers after the campaign.

The Spanish translation of our V1.75 proto rules were submitted to BGG earlier this morning and can also be viewed on the Grublin Print & Play splash page: http://www.grublin.com/waggledance/pnp

At any rate, we'll be supporting as many languages as possible for everyone online =D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Bauer
Germany
M√ľnster
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I am late, but I would love russian - because then my wife would finally have a game she can bring out herself without help from me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.