Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott LeBlanc
United States
Lyman
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a 1st Edition copy of Tannhauser and want to know what I absolutely NEED to "fix" this game. I would love to have the equipement cards but cannot find them anywhere. What items should I buy/download immediately before I even attempt to play? Thanks for any and all information.

Grizz

PS - 1ST POST!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've never played with the original rules, but that said, minimum to add to your original version would be the revised rule book. It cost me $11 for a retail copy. I don't know if it's available in a downloadable format.

The equipment cards ARE a huge timesaver, so I'd try to add those if you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott LeBlanc
United States
Lyman
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the cards printable anywhere? Everywhere I look they are OOP and no one seems to want to trade them either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There may be someone (AHEM) who has the whole kit and kaboodle for sale in the marketplace (AHEM). :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott LeBlanc
United States
Lyman
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing that out. As much as I would love to buy the whole package I just want the revised rules and cards right now. I just can't afford everything at the moment. I just want to get what I need to start playing.

Grizz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grizzix wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out. As much as I would love to buy the whole package I just want the revised rules and cards right now. I just can't afford everything at the moment. I just want to get what I need to start playing.

Grizz

If all you want to is to get playing ASAP, get the revised rules: you can get a pdf for like 8 USD (If you know german, you can get it for free at the moment: look for another thread close by).

TANNHAUSER IS GREAT GREAT GAME!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely buy a download of the revised rules if you can't find a hard copy for sale. Don't worry about the equipment cards too much. They are nice to have if you add a bunch of expansions, but unnecessary with just the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott LeBlanc
United States
Lyman
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice guys. I found a hard copy of the revised rules and have now had a chance to play the game. My son and I loved it. I went ahead and ordered the Novgorod expansion for it. Thanks again.

Grizz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grizzix wrote:
Are the cards printable anywhere? Everywhere I look they are OOP and no one seems to want to trade them either.

Not sure if you know, but a lot of BGG users have made their own equipment cards and they are available in the files download section of BGG. You can either print them yourself or send them out to be printed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Wawrzyszko
Poland
flag msg tools
Grizzix wrote:
Thanks for the advice guys. I found a hard copy of the revised rules and have now had a chance to play the game. My son and I loved it. I went ahead and ordered the Novgorod expansion for it. Thanks again.

Grizz

+1, remember to kill Voivodes ;p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig vivian
United States
Monmouth
Illinois
flag msg tools
Could you send me a link to these files? I have been searching without luck.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
craig vivian wrote:
Could you send me a link to these files? I have been searching without luck.

Thanks

If you want the core rulebook (no fluff or characters) here's the link:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

If you want the BGG user-designed equipment cards, they are available here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/files/thing/25261

have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.