Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: A classic ratfuck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sen. Harry Reid wrote:
I believe the Republicans should follow the lead of Lindsey Graham. Lindsey Graham was part of the Gang of Eight to come up with immigration reform. He never backed down, backed up. He kept going forward on this issue.

[...]

We need more Republicans who are Lindsey Grahams. Lindsey Graham is a very conservative man, but I’ve worked with him on a number of issues, some of which we don’t even talk about publicly.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know Lindsey Graham enough to get this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Reid is making him sound like a Republican that the Democrats can work with.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Reid is making him sound like a Republican that the Democrats can work with.


On some issues, I'd say he is. I don't agree with Graham on everything, but I admire him for sticking to his guns. And voters certainly rewarded his fidelity a couple days ago.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

So... You're saying Graham is a rat that Reid is fucking?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yet another stellar post by jmilum where nobody knows what the fuck he is talking about. Get back on your meds J.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I used Google, I get it now.

Reid knows that the frothing right base hates even the hint of compromise and cooperation. Reid *appears* to be building up Graham in that speech as an example, but with the reality of the situation he's just painted a big fat target on the man's back from his own side.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Sen. Harry Reid wrote:
I believe the Republicans should follow the lead of Lindsey Graham. Lindsey Graham was part of the Gang of Eight to come up with immigration reform. He never backed down, backed up. He kept going forward on this issue.

[...]

We need more Republicans who are Lindsey Grahams. Lindsey Graham is a very conservative man, but I’ve worked with him on a number of issues, some of which we don’t even talk about publicly.


But if Reid wanted to RF Graham, he would have said this *before* the primary. Right now, Graham can tell the Tea Party to Foxtrot Oscar for six years. As it is, Reid's giving him an assist to pivot to the center for the general. Reid's either sincere, or wants to keep Graham sweet for some procedural votes.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tmcvey wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Sen. Harry Reid wrote:
I believe the Republicans should follow the lead of Lindsey Graham. Lindsey Graham was part of the Gang of Eight to come up with immigration reform. He never backed down, backed up. He kept going forward on this issue.

[...]

We need more Republicans who are Lindsey Grahams. Lindsey Graham is a very conservative man, but I’ve worked with him on a number of issues, some of which we don’t even talk about publicly.


But if Reid wanted to RF Graham, he would have said this *before* the primary. Right now, Graham can tell the Tea Party to Foxtrot Oscar for six years. As it is, Reid's giving him an assist to pivot to the center for the general. Reid's either sincere, or wants to keep Graham sweet for some procedural votes.


Well, he could be trying to tank the turnout from the right in support of graham. You can lose if your side doesn't bother to show up.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Well, he could be trying to tank the turnout from the right in support of graham. You can lose if your side doesn't bother to show up.


In South Carolina which went to Romney by a 10% margin in 2012 and 10% to McCain in 2008? Which Graham won by 15% in 2008, in a year when Dems did fantastically well in the Senate?

Unless Ry'leh is located off South Carolina, and Dread Cthulhu rises from the waters with a very selective partisan appetite on which mortals he will devour, there's no way that Graham will lose his seat in the General.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.