Geoff Paulsen

Plano
TX
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone succeeded in fitting this nicely in the original box?
I'd love to figure out a way to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I did, using ziplock bags.

I don't know if this qualifies for "nicely" though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The key I found was removing the liner.

1. Belfort box.
2. Open lid. Rulebook and clipboard on top, with player boards and Resource board underneath that.
3. Expansion box (holds cards and assistants), small plano (holds resources, calendar marker and Gnomes). Everything else in plastic bags.
4. View with all baggies removed.
5. Expansion box view. Expansion rules on top, assistants on one side, expansion permits and building cards on other.
6. Thumb (expressing satisfaction and awesomeness).

Edit: it is worth noting that everything has a very specific order and place in the box. If you go out of order -- say, put the clipboard under player boards, or the city boards on top -- it doesn't quite fit right. I'm OCD enough with game organization that I spent the hour figuring it out (so you don't have to!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Tharp
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hobby game designer, please print and play my games!
mbmbmbmbmb
thesmallman wrote:

The key I found was removing the liner.

1. Belfort box.
2. Open lid. Rulebook and clipboard on top, with player boards and Resource board underneath that.
3. Expansion box (holds cards and assistants), small plano (holds resources, calendar marker and Gnomes). Everything else in plastic bags.
4. View with all baggies removed.
5. Expansion box view. Expansion rules on top, assistants on one side, expansion permits and building cards on other.
6. Thumb (expressing satisfaction and awesomeness).

Edit: it is worth noting that everything has a very specific order and place in the box. If you go out of order -- say, put the clipboard under player boards, or the city boards on top -- it doesn't quite fit right. I'm OCD enough with game organization that I spent the hour figuring it out (so you don't have to!).

I love you for this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geoffpaulsen wrote:
Has anyone succeeded in fitting this nicely in the original box?
I'd love to figure out a way to do so.

I was able to fit this in plus the wood frame that another BGGer was selling. I don't think I will be able to fit anything else in the box however. I will see about taking a picture when I get off work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to fit the original game, the expansion expansion, and the promo guilds all in one box, with some room to spare. I did, however, do a few things to make that possible:

1) Removed the insert
2) Made a foamcore tray for the resources + gold
3) Made tuckboxes for the guild cards, the assistant cards, and the property/expansion cards.
4) Ziplock bags for everything else.

I didn't leave the expansion box inside the original box like the earlier posts though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember there ever being an insert.

Mine would fit great with the expansion in it's box if it weren't for the bad dishing on the box top. Since my box top is dished, the box doesn't close as tightly as it is supposed to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Paul
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
thesmallman wrote:

Could we get the model number on that Plano box, Glen? Love this storage solution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
That looks like a Plano Model 3449.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Locke Alexander
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
Thanks Glen, your review of Belfort helped me find one of my favorite games of all time!

I just tried this, though, and the box lid doesn't close snugly...
Am I doing something wrong, or did you make your peace with having the box lid raised a bit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.