Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

A few questions have arisen in my current game that I could not find addressed in the rules. I would appreciate any views on the following:

1. Incapacitation. This happens to various Characters through certain events. I have assumed the following: until they recover, incapacitated Characters cannot move nor engage in combat but they can get Hit in the German Combat Phase. (I also turn their counters 180 degrees to show their incapacity.)

(In my current game Daisy and Ms Featherlake are incapacitated in the Schoolhouse, which is surrounded by the Germans. Other units there want to pull back but they have to stay to protect Daisy and Ms Featherlake as they go at it hammer and tongs. It is also difficult to move other units in to protect them as they take take up two of the five spots in the Schoolhouse.)

2. Overstacking caused by an event. An event caused Daisy to be moved directly to the Schoolhouse in the Character Event Phase (the Schoolhouse had more units than the Old Barn so Daisy had to move, not Ms Featherlake). However the Schoolhouse was already at its stacking limit of five and moving Daisy there caused it to overstack. Should (1) Ms Featherlake have moved to the Old Barn instead; or (2) Daisy still move to the Schoolhouse and someone else will have to leave during the Movement Phase; or (3) something else?

3. Character Event removal. When a Character Event calls for the removal of another Character Event, if that Event is not in play do you search the deck for it, remove it, then reshuffle?

4. Tactical Event impossible to play. One Tactical Event did not have a Deployment number but a Special Case instead. However, that Special Case could never be satisfied (a location was no longer in British control as it had a German Control Marker). Therefore the card was impossible to play. While this situation is addressed for Character Events it is not for Tactical Events. In this case, would I discard that Tactical Event and draw another (as is done with Character Events)?

Thank you kindly.

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
1) Incapacitation. That's exactly right. Incidentally, that "should I pull back dilemma" is precisely what that rule was designed for, so I'm glad it's working. Though I can see you may not be...

2) You move them. Then in the next British movement phase you have to move another unit. If you can't that unit is killed/destroyed.

3) Yes. Or, if it's more convenient, you can just note it on a piece of paper and discard the card if drawn. Or of course, just keep the original card to hand, which should also have the relevant card numbers on the front.

4) Sadly not. You have to discard the card, but that's your Tactical Event gone for this turn. It's why you have to protect as many locations as you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much Dan. That is very helpful.

One thing I did forget to ask was whether incapacitated characters counted toward the total number in a square for purposes of German Target Priority. In the absence of anything that states otherwise, they obviously do count. So it is a rhetorical question really.

I fear the Reverend is going to have to give up trying to calm Ms Featherdale and Daisy down and leave them to the Germans ...

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools

You're not going to just abandon them!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Reverend abandoned them to go and try to get the Doc and Drayden Fox to be friends at the Bank having tried in vain to separate Daisy and Ms Featherdale for three hours. The injured Teachers remain the sole defenders of the Schoolhouse so it may not be long now ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forty One
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 24 of the Intelligence Briefing Booklet contains the rules for incapacitated characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah thank you. That page clearly addressed two of my questions above. I had not gone that deep into the Intelligence Briefing booklet out of a concern for spoilers.

Thanks again. And thanks to Dan for answering questions that clearly did not need an answer from him.

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.