Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if all of your camels are behind other players? Can you play a card?

What about if you do have a camel "in front" and you play a card for a camel that's not in front. It seems like this could be a stalling tactic and the rules don't say you can't do it.

Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm. I think if I understand your question correctly, you may be misunderstanding the rules. The position of the camels that have not yet moved is irrelevant. The camels that seem to be "in front" of them don't block them - you just simply pick up your camel and move it to the appropriate stall, no matter which unmoved camels are in front of yours.

I suppose another way to say this is - at the beginning of a turn, when you look at the 5x5 grid of camels that will be moved this turn, only the columns the camels are in matter - the row they're in is irrelevant. During the turn and at the end of the turn, the 5x5 grid that the camels are moving into, both column and row are important.

I hope that makes sense, and that I understood the question you are asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jeff, you did understand my question. I had the impression it was like a parking lot and the camels in back had to wait for the camels in front. I'll have to play again now as this could change my feeling for the game completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would make for an interesting, if frustrating, game! Definitely give it another shot with the corrected rules. It's an excellent game once you "get" it. Hopefully it will have staying power longer than just a few plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff wrote:
Hmmmm. I think if I understand your question correctly, you may be misunderstanding the rules. The position of the camels that have not yet moved is irrelevant. The camels that seem to be "in front" of them don't block them - you just simply pick up your camel and move it to the appropriate stall, no matter which unmoved camels are in front of yours.

I suppose another way to say this is - at the beginning of a turn, when you look at the 5x5 grid of camels that will be moved this turn, only the columns the camels are in matter - the row they're in is irrelevant. During the turn and at the end of the turn, the 5x5 grid that the camels are moving into, both column and row are important.

I hope that makes sense, and that I understood the question you are asking.

How is the column position of the FROM location important? I understand both column and row are important for the thief cards, but I'm not getting where the column matters.

Let's say you play a card with your "A" camel. He's in row three in the 4th position (second closest to next oasis). You move him on one of his free paths and he ends up in the lowest-numbered spot of that new oasis row.

Where did column position come into play?

EDIT: Or are you calling "column" the horizontal row the camels are in that determines their "free" paths and "goods cost" paths? I would call that their "row" since that is the horizontal and the "columns" would be their position "in line" so to speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.