Subject: June 2014 Metro Vancouver No-Ship Math Trade - Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please use this thread for questions, comments, et cetera on the June 2014 Metro Vancouver No-Ship Math Trade.

Trade Geeklist: June 2014 Metro Vancouver No-Ship Math Trade

Request Geeklist: June 2014 Metro Vancouver No-Ship Math Trade - Request List

Deadlines: Posting games (Thursday, 19 June 2014, 22:00 PDT) -- Want list submissions (Saturday, 21 June 2014, 22:00 PDT)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where & When Do We Meet:

Sunday, 22 June 2014, 16:00 PDT

Craving for a Game
Central City Shopping Centre
#2520 - 10153 King George Boulevard
Surrey

There is lots of free parking and it is very close to both Skytrain and bus routes.

Out of courtesy to Buck and his staff, please conduct your trades outside of his store. If you want to go in, please do so either before or after your trades.

If, for any reason, you are not able to meet at the appointed time and place, it is your responsibility to make alternate arrangements with your trading counterparts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
- Reserved -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking as someone who's keen to shrink the collection, the limitation on gift certificates is, IMO, unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hawkins
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
Speaking as someone who's keen to shrink the collection, the limitation on gift certificates is, IMO, unnecessary.
Although gift certificates are rarely useful for shrinking the collection -- always good for working towards something that resembles one-in-one-out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hawk-x- wrote:
Although gift certificates are rarely useful for shrinking the collection
Especially since lots of people put in $10 for the face value of the GC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Would you like to remove the current limitation of one (1) gift certificate entry in this math trade?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes, we should be allowed to enter as many gift certificates as we want.
50.0% 6
No, leave the limit alone -- this is a no-ship math trade!
33.3% 4
There should still be a limit, but the limit should be a larger number (e.g. three).
16.7% 2
Voters 12
This poll is now closed.   12 answers
Poll created by Juxtatype
Closes: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
恋は前傾姿勢
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
hawk-x- wrote:
Perhaps you've had different experiences, but in the recent Canada-wide shipping trades that have also had this 1-gift-certificate-entry limit, the GCs offered have valued from $15–45, based on conservative memory.

Also, it's worth nothing that while the rule as currently stated allows for one entry, that entry can utilize the "Copies" option to effectively offer more than one GC (all of the same value) as follows:

%Options%
Copies: X
%End%

where X = the quantity of GCs to be offered

This may be moot if the above poll removes the limit, but the "Copies" option should nonetheless still be used by anyone who wishes to offer multiple copies of a single GC value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a plan...
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really excited until I realized that you were talking about the lesser known Vancouver Canada, rather than Vancouver Washington, the cultural and gaming mecca of the Northwest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Weirich
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey

this is my first time doing a Math Trade, and I am running into a problem. I am on OLWLG site logged in under my username, however, I can't find this Math Trade.

There is 1 active Shipping Math-Trade and 6 active No-Shipping Math-Trades, but none of them are the June 2014 Metro Vancouver No-Ship Math Trade.

Hopefully I am just missing something obvious

Thanks for the help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It probably just hasn't been added there yet or synced. It will show up sooner or later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
autumnweave wrote:
I was really excited until I realized that you were talking about the lesser known Vancouver Canada, rather than Vancouver Washington, the cultural and gaming mecca of the Northwest.

It is not that long a drive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are all the games???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
B Factor wrote:
leroy43 wrote:
hawk-x- wrote:
Perhaps you've had different experiences, but in the recent Canada-wide shipping trades that have also had this 1-gift-certificate-entry limit, the GCs offered have valued from $15–45, based on conservative memory.

Also, it's worth nothing that while the rule as currently stated allows for one entry, that entry can utilize the "Copies" option to effectively offer more than one GC (all of the same value) as follows:

%Options%
Copies: X
%End%

where X = the quantity of GCs to be offered

This may be moot if the above poll removes the limit, but the "Copies" option should nonetheless still be used by anyone who wishes to offer multiple copies of a single GC value.
The thing is I a lot of games I'd happily let go for a $10 gc, but there are others that I would want to get $30-50 for (or more for things like Dune). And conversely, I have only a few games with high demand I want to trade, but would love to get several games for GC, but if the rules are I can only post one... Why can't I post GCs for each of $10/20/30/40/50 so that I can get in on games that my collection wouldn't warrant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, it's my FLGS and the only Sunday this month I'm free!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
The thing is I a lot of games I'd happily let go for a $10 gc, but there are others that I would want to get $30-50 for (or more for things like Dune). And conversely, I have only a few games with high demand I want to trade, but would love to get several games for GC, but if the rules are I can only post one... Why can't I post GCs for each of $10/20/30/40/50 so that I can get in on games that my collection wouldn't warrant?
I think we're going to try it. I will change the main MT GeekList to reflect this. You can list as many gift certificates as you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff MacDonald
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next Step
Now that I have listed all the games I want included, where do I find the Online List Generator? Or do we just wait until the posting of games is closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
m_jeff wrote:
Now that I have listed all the games I want included, where do I find the Online List Generator? Or do we just wait until the posting of games is closed.
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff MacDonald
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wants
After we make our selections for each of our games for trade is there a way to make a secondary selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
m_jeff wrote:
After we make our selections for each of our games for trade is there a way to make a secondary selection.
What do you mean? Could you rephrase, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff MacDonald
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Example: I have Village listed for trade. I have selected game "A" to get in trade. However they may be no-one interested in my game, so no trade happens. Is there a way to select another game "B" as a secondary choice for my Village game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
m_jeff wrote:
Example: I have Village listed for trade. I have selected game "A" to get in trade. However they may be no-one interested in my game, so no trade happens. Is there a way to select another game "B" as a secondary choice for my Village game?
Yes, you can select any number of the games as ones that you'd be willing to accept for Village but it sort of works the other way:

In the OLWLG, for each game available for trade you can select which of your games you'd be willing to trade for it. So if you would be happy to accept any one of 10 different games in trade for Village, click Add beside each of those 10 and check off Village in the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
m_jeff wrote:
Yes, on the OLWLG page you can specify exactly which games you will accept in exchange for Village. You can check off as many or as few as you like.

When you're there, log in and click on the listing for our math trade. You'll see the entire list of games available in this math trade (I update this 2-3 times a day). On the far left hand side of each item, you'll see a small, grey button which says "Add". Click this, and it will allow you to select which of your games you're prepared to offer in exchange for that item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simultaneous responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juxtatype wrote:
Simultaneous responses!
Well... it seems I beat you by a few seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff MacDonald
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks to both of you that's awesome!