United Kingdom
Nottingham
England
flag msg tools
Hornet Leader - Carrier Air Operations
badge
Herge's Adventures of Tintin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find the rule relating to Jam counters.

They are drawn from the equipment container but there's no mention of them in the Equipment Phase rule (3) and no graphic of the counter in the rulebook to give a quick indication of where to find the rule (unlike the Sabotage counters). The pdf file of the rules isn't searchable, and there's no index in the rulebook!

If I had to make a guess I'd say if you draw the Jam counter you remove the corresponding bit of kit from the game (if its already been deployed? player's choice if there's more than one of the kit?). I'd also guess the bit of kit and the jam marker are removed permanently, or maybe return the jam marker if the kit isn't yet in play??

Since I'm on invasion turn one and have drawn the Jam counter for the Thompson which was drawn and allocated in the pre-invasion segment I'll remove both from the game permanently so I can get on and play the game, but it'd be nice to know if I'm doing the right thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the Intelligence Briefing Booklet - detailed rules for all weapons and equipment are contained there. Jammed is on page 60.

Basically replace the weapon with the jammed marker. You can return it to the Equipment Container if you repair it (James Arnold can repair). If the weapon hasn't appeared, it will be jammed when it enters play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Nigel,

Page 60 of the Intelligence Briefing booklet will help out.

Regards

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Wright
United Kingdom
Nottingham
England
flag msg tools
Hornet Leader - Carrier Air Operations
badge
Herge's Adventures of Tintin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - got it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon M
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Herts
flag msg tools
With all the interesting little tidbits in this game (like the cricket bat, etc) I initially assumed the jam counters were for the WI to use to make some kind of sticky bomb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.