Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Mostowski
Germany
Varel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m just finished the first Game with my girlfriend, and we have some questions... Think very easy questions, but as i said, it was the first Game.

1: How to use the ability from a Command Card.
Eg.:
Quote:
Push
Caster: Until the end of the round, each time target disk within medium range would be dealt damage, reduce that damage by d6-1.

Must the "caster" activate (with token) to use this ability ???

2: A friendly disk, pinned by a friendly disk can´t move!
Is this correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No, this does not activate the caster. As a bonus, they can also use caster abilities when pinned. (page 7, command card abilities)
2. Yes, that's correct. Be very, very careful when pinning your own units. Impact also affects your own units, so don't ride cavalry through your other guys. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mostowski
Germany
Varel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. No, this does not activate the caster. As a bonus, they can also use caster abilities when pinned. (page 7, command card abilities)

But they have to be activated and they get a token, right ? So units who used the command card ability can´t move anymore?

Quote:
2. Yes, that's correct. Be very, very careful when pinning your own units. Impact also affects your own units, so don't ride cavalry through your other guys. :-)

Ok, i said the same, but question the from my girl: Why i can move "trough" my units, but i can´t "start" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MadMo wrote:
Quote:

But they have to be activated and they get a token, right ? So units who used the command card ability can´t move anymore?

Quote:

Ok, i said the same, but question the from my girl: Why i can move "trough" my units, but i can´t "start" ?

A disk on top, if it's not activated can move off of another disk. The disk underneath is pinned, which means it cannot move at all, even if it's friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Cornara
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
https://snipertroll.wordpress.com - https://shiftingmists.wordpress.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MadMo wrote:
Quote:

No, using the battle ability of a command card is "free", as it doesn't countt an activation. This means that you can choose any disk with the appropriate trait to use that ability, even if it is pinned or activated. If you choose an unpinned, unactivated disk, it can be later activated as normal.

Quote:
Quote:

Thematically it's hard to visualize, but you can imagine that the pinned unit breaks formation to allow the unit on top to pass through it. Mechanically, it's to keep the game simple: only disks that are free to flip can activate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mostowski
Germany
Varel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all!! Now it's clear for us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mostowski
Germany
Varel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question after 2nd play....

Is a Siege Weapon also allowed to hit targets in short/medium/long range ??
Or only Siege range ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. S. Higgins
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MadMo wrote:
Another question after 2nd play.... :)

Is a Siege Weapon also allowed to hit targets in short/medium/long range ??
Or only Siege range ?

Yes it can. If it's firing at ranges shorter than siege range, then regular hit results on the dice do count as hits, and it all works like an ordinary ranged attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.