Popular Tags: [View All]
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Analog_Gamer wrote:
You buy a brand-new game, get it home, open it up, and then realize the box is damaged?

Totally happened to me today with two different games bought at two different stores.

photo please or it didnt happen..

box damage is nothing , compared to the broken component or dolls inside the box..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toms Leikums
Latvia
Jelgava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortunately never happened to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek D.
Germany
M√ľnster
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
box damage is nothing , compared to the broken component or dolls inside the box..

My thoughts exactly.

A damaged game box might hurt my sense of aesthetics, but won't keep me from gaming.
Sure, if it's a new game that's still in production and readily available, I'll return it or at least try to get compensation, but when getting OOP-games from the second-hand market, one sometimes has to deal with it.

Far worse it is when components itself are damaged or even missing.

So far I was rather lucky, as such a thing only happened twice to me...

When Space Hulk 3rd was released a few years ago, my copy looked as if someone's been playing soccer with it - severe box damage and broken components inside, but the whole thing got replaced without any problems (I know a lot of people can't stand GW, but their customer service leaves little to be desired).

And my copy of Cave Troll was missing a yellow knight (and had an additional barbarian in his stead), and FFG's usually great customer service was not able to provide a replacement. Not a real issue since this is easily fixed by using a proxy (I'm using a Zvesda-mini of an english Knight of the 100YW),
but sometimes new players get a bit confused with the different minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United Kingdom
Epping
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can understand how this could happen when ordering online, but how did it happen when you purchase in a store? Wouldn't you notice if the box was damaged?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happened to me. Bought Chaos in the Old World for a friend. Looked good to me. Gave it to him, looked good to him. But when the shrink wrap came off, one side panel was completely split off, only attached on one of the three edges.

Pete (was miffed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.