Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I posted this last night but I guess not...

1. Does the Update Phase happen kick in on the last turn? Do I still upgrade Novice Workers and pay wages to Active Workers and Retired Workers and all that good stuff?

2. Can I use different Worker Camps in the same turn? That is, can I have multiple workers on the first spot of the novice track?

3. For the Temple of Venus, if the fifth positive position on my track has 9 printed on my player board, do I score 5 for my position or do I score 9 (which is the number that is printed on my player board)?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcjsuen wrote:
I thought I posted this last night but I guess not...

1. Does the Update Phase happen kick in on the last turn? Do I still upgrade Novice Workers and pay wages to Active Workers and Retired Workers and all that good stuff?

Why not to have the update phase during the last turn? You have to finish the game turn before final scoring.

rcjsuen wrote:

2. Can I use different Worker Camps in the same turn? That is, can I have multiple workers on the first spot of the novice track?

I'm not sure about that one, so I won't lead you astray.
rcjsuen wrote:

3. For the Temple of Venus, if the fifth positive position on my track has 9 printed on my player board, do I score 5 for my position or do I score 9 (which is the number that is printed on my player board)?

IMO, that's 9 FPs (the number printed on your board).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes (You'll often see a host of retirements in the final round). You'll have to pay up for the goodly work they've just done for you and take the punishments if you don't.

2. Yes (with the added implication that you can pay the cost of the Academy once to fast track the whole class through their apprenticeship),

3. 9 (if you look at the B sides this is one of the ways the boards are differentiated, making different approaches more/less viable for each player)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Svartisen wrote:
Why not to have the update phase during the last turn? You have to finish the game turn before final scoring.

The player that was asking about this was concerned about whether he had to stash money to pay wages or if it didn't matter. It was also questionable to him whether there needed to be another Update Phase when the game was going to end anyway. The rest of us felt the Update Phase should happen though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I support Daryl's answers. Not much else to add
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.