Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denis Hanotin
France
Marseille
FR
flag msg tools
mb
In case of charge with Trebuchet advantage do you hit on 5-6 or 4-5-6 ?
In case of charge while sieging a shadow stronghold do you hit on 5-6 or just 6 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Since charge affects the combat roll, the question is basically: "Is charge a combat roll". No, it isn't.

Also, I don't think you can build "offensive" trebuchets, so I'm not sure the second question is askable.

I do fancy the idea of caturing the underground fortress of Moria, then building a bunch of subterranean catapults, perhaps launching rocks through air vents or something. Then the SP could counter by building a bunch of wheeled towers, which would be invaluable in the tight tunnels and confines of the archtypical "dungeon".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The additional attack from Charge requires the same number to hit as the normal combat roll does in the round in which the card is played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
So you're saying 4-5-6?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Krieghund wrote:
The additional attack from Charge requires the same number to hit as the normal combat roll does in the round in which the card is played.

Yes, the Charge roll requires the same number as the normal combat roll to hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Hanotin
France
Marseille
FR
flag msg tools
mb

This could be interpreted differently.

The trebuchet advantage according the the rule (I own french version) gives +1 to your combat roll dice.
So according to the rule, the normal combat roll is still an unmodified 5-6 and you get +1/-1 to your battle dice depending on siege engine advantage/disadvantage.
So when charge or sudden strike is played in defence of a fortress with trebuchet advantage or disadvantage one could consider that you hit on an unmodified 5-6 for this extra attack.

This is far from being clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Question has been sent to the designers for a definitive ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.