Popular Tags: [View All]
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To all you Dads out there.. get off the Internet and spend some time with your kids you loser deadbeat!

P.S. My kid is out of the country, so I am not being a hypocrite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like "Daddy Day". Fathers Day suggests that the thing to do to celebrate is to try to father more children.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
whac3 wrote:
That sounds like "Daddy Day". Fathers Day suggests that the thing to do to celebrate is to try to father more children.

Isn't that the thing to do to celebrate everything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent most of the day with my girls (and Trish). Then we were invited to a cookout at a lesbian friend's house. She hadn't thought about it being Father's day, and it was funny because she invited us last year as well. This time we decided to go. I ended up playing catch with her son for a while (Father figure's Day?) and running the grill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the manatee
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my 13th Father's Day, and probably the best one yet: gifts/cards in the morning; the whole family went to a movie; games (Candyland--hey, I've got a five year-old--and Castle Panic); reading; tacos for dinner.

And, to go all Debbie Downer for a minute, this was my 9th Father's Day without my dad. In those nine years I've wanted to talk to him so many times it's ridiculous. I miss him every day and hope I can live up to what he taught me about being a man and a father.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had some close family time driving back from Origins with five of us in a Cobalt* for four hours. Then most of us proceeded to fall asleep to make up a little of the sleep deficit that had built up over the last five days.

*original plans did not include my wife attending, but things worked out and she caught a ride with a friend. So it was a little crowded on the way home with the added bonus of a packing puzzle to get all the luggage/new games/etc in the trunk.

Happy Day to all the fathers and people who had fathers (and, not to be exclusionary, people who know fathers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to play Eclipse with my son but he decided to get into another game that he didn't have permission to open.

Grounded!

So I played chess with my other son and then we went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant.

I also played some World of Tanks and Company of Heroes which the kids like to watch, but not a lot of that really, at least until they were in bed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

I also played some World of Tanks

I platooned with my nephew for a couple hours last night, with mixed results. I did have an epic battle with my M2 Medium on the Province map. Got Master Tanker, High Caliber and Top Gun with 6 kills. The M2 Med has become my favorite seal clubber tank, at least with the derp gun. I love one-shotting T18's, I hate those things. Though, if you are still having a frustrating time playing WoT, I recommend researching the T18, it's an OP Tier II tank that will build your confidence.

My daughter is on a 10 day trip to Finland, though yesterday they ferried over to Sweden. It's her post-highschool/pre-college European jaunt that she is spending all her savings on. I talked with her via Google, told her to buy me an Entombed shirt while she in Sweden. I would ask her to buy me an authentic Mölkky set from Finland, but it's too much to carry back or ship so I'll just make my own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already maxed out the T18. I've moved up to the T82 and finally got the Howitzer which one-shots things pretty well. I've found the key is to hang back and find a perch to snipe, and then snipe snipe snipe.

If your opponent isn't wondering where that shot came from, you're not playing tank destroyer right, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I've already maxed out the T18. I've moved up to the T82 and finally got the Howitzer which one-shots things pretty well. I've found the key is to hang back and find a perch to snipe, and then snipe snipe snipe.

If your opponent isn't wondering where that shot came from, you're not playing tank destroyer right, in my opinion.

I never had the T18, I got to the T82 from the Stuart line. I still have my T82 and I love it, though I don't derp with it. My nephew does though, we platoon with them a lot. You are right though, they are definitely not a TD for trading shots, the side/front armor is virtually non-existent and the lack of any top armor makes it very HE vulnerable. I like guns with a higher rate of fire, so I stick with it's top gun. The same when I got around to getting the Sherman, I know people love to derp in it, but I like the higher accuracy, higher ROF gun. It's why I like British tanks a lot.

If you don't follow WoT news, the patch that is coming out this week is going nerf TD camo a bit. A couple patches ago they introduced an exception for TD's that when you are behind a bush and you fire your gun, your camo value isn't reduced like it is for all other tanks. They are reverting that, so after the patch be aware you might need to be even more careful about your perch. The great news about the patch is that Scout match making is being adjusted favorably, which means I'll be able to play my M5 Stuart more productively now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My scout tanks just die all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
My scout tanks just die all the time.

Scouting is the hardest thing to do in the game, especially after the accuracy buff back in 7.something. It used to be that if you kept moving, you could live a lot longer. After the buff it was like trying to dodge laser beams. They have retracted that somewhat now, but any scout Tier 4 and above has real problems with high tier battles where Mediums have longer view range than you do. Which means the scout can die before seeing anything. Passive scouting is nigh impossible unless you have a very good spot, which are extremely rare. Scouting in general requires lots of patience and impulse control and that frustrates many players. Heck, I know that it is required and I still can't seem to help myself from takign a shot from my hiding hole at something I might penetrate, therefore giving away my position. As soon as I click my mouse I know I screwed up, but I can't help myself! Especially in scouts with great guns, like the Chaffee.

I can do pretty well in my M3 Stuart, but it is Tier 3 and doesn't get scout match making.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is scout match making?

And why would mediums get to see farther than scouts?

That's just poor game design/matchmaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
What is scout match making?

And why would mediums get to see farther than scouts?

That's just poor game design/matchmaking.

I'm not sure about the history, but right now scouts get +4 (IIRC) matchmaking, while other tanks get +2 matchmaking, meaning that when you hit the battle button you can get a tier battle up to 2/4 higher than your own. I suspect that the game had no high tier scouts in early versions, so they thought that since a scout shouldn't be really firing it's gun that much, they would just put low tier scouts in high tier games where their mobility would make them a real asset. Unfortunately, the natural progression of view ranges for Meds up through the tiers makes them match and surpass scouts. Scouts only advantages at that point is camo and mobility, which makes them tolerable to play. The game, being constantly developed and added to, has these balance issues now and again. One thing is developed and changed and another aspect gets thrown out of whack and needs adjusted. Now that they have scout tanks up to tier 7, they don't need to extend the MM for lower tiers as much. The Chaffee still gets screwed though, for now. They are going to rework it in the near future.

Here is a recent, pre-patch MM chart.
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/02/11/8-11-matchmaking-table/

EDIT: Newer chart added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm not even past Tier 3 yet so I'll just keep firing away for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.