Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this game yet, but I just read the rules and I have a couple of end-game questions.

The rules say that, in the final round, all wagons are unloaded regardless of the number of deliveries needed to trigger the end game.

1. Does this mean that every wagon on the board, regardless of where it is, is unloaded in the final round? Or do you only unload every wagon that has reached a city? (The rules say ALL, so it sounds like every wagon on the board gets unloaded, even wagons that are not in cities).

2. If the answer to #1 above is that ALL WAGONS get unloaded regardless of where they are located, does the delivery marker move up one space for EVERY wagon or only for the wagons that PHYSICALLY REACHED A CITY? This would definitely make a difference in how much it would cost to buy 1 or 2 levels of prestige at the end of the game.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
I haven't played this game yet, but I just read the rules and I have a couple of end-game questions.

The rules say that, in the final round, all wagons are unloaded regardless of the number of deliveries needed to trigger the end game.

1. Does this mean that every wagon on the board, regardless of where it is, is unloaded in the final round? Or do you only unload every wagon that has reached a city? (The rules say ALL, so it sounds like every wagon on the board gets unloaded, even wagons that are not in cities).

2. If the answer to #1 above is that ALL WAGONS get unloaded regardless of where they are located, does the delivery marker move up one space for EVERY wagon or only for the wagons that PHYSICALLY REACHED A CITY? This would definitely make a difference in how much it would cost to buy 1 or 2 levels of prestige at the end of the game.

Thanks in advance.

The relevant passage in the German rules reads "If several wagons arrive in cities in the final round, all the wagons are cleared, even if the above-mentioned number of wagon arrivals is exceeded . . ." It sounds as if they're trying to say all the wagons that get to a city should be unloaded; if they really meant every wagon on the board, there would be no need to talk about how many wagons arrived.

EDIT: Added italicized portion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
ericamick2 wrote:
joe_salamone wrote:

Thanks in advance.

The relevant passage in the German rules reads "If several wagons arrive in the final round, all the wagons are cleared, even if the above-mentioned number of wagon arrivals is exceeded . . ." It sounds as if they're trying to say all the wagons that get to a city should be unloaded; if they really meant every wagon on the board, there would be no need to talk about how many wagons arrived.

Thanks. It seems like the English translation isn't quite as specific as the German rulebook. Now I can play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.