Subject: How does ante work in multiplayer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Z
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I couldn't find this in the rulebook. What is the order of anteing with more than two players? The section on the ante phase only refers to duels and the multiplayer section in turn doesn't mention antes. This seems like an oversight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't it just "turn order from the previous beat"? That's how it works with two players; I don't think it had occurred to me to wonder if it was different in multiplayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vanday wrote:
I couldn't find this in the rulebook. What is the order of anteing with more than two players? The section on the ante phase only refers to duels and the multiplayer section in turn doesn't mention antes. This seems like an oversight.

I'm not sure, but I guess, you'll go by the previous beat's priority order. Just extrapolating from what's in the rulebook...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Z
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sure, that's a possibility. I didn't think of it mainly because the rules don't actually state this—they only say that the player with the highest priority goes first. It also leaves open the question of what to do on the first turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vanday wrote:
Sure, that's a possibility. I didn't think of it mainly because the rules don't actually state this—they only say that the player with the highest priority goes first. It also leaves open the question of what to do on the first turn.

I don't think it does the last: it says on p. 20 that on the first turn, order is decided randomly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing not stated explicitly : presumably ante ends when all players pass in a row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
Another thing not stated explicitly : presumably ante ends when all players pass in a row.

To be clear, it does end when all players pass in a row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.