Subject: Regionals winning decks (Stockholm, Sweden) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I piloted the following two decks today (June 15, 2014) at the Regional Championship in Stockholm Sweden at Dragon's Lair.

The runner is a pretty normal Gabe deck (no datasuckers though) and the corp is a CI deck with a pretty hidden alt. win-con through two Scorched, the only "real" tagging card is a singel SEA Source. The MVPs in this deck are Ichis 1.0 and 2.0, the third subroutine is pretty much invisible, no-one ever notices it since the runner is panicking from the possible program trashing, a couple of clicks and a sigh of relief later they end their turn happy to not have lost their rig and only walk away with a measly brain damage and a tag.....only to have the sky fall down on them. Really Ichi has won me most of my games.

OK on to the lists.

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core Set)

Event (22)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
3x Forged Activation Orders (Core Set)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x The Maker's Eye (Core Set) ••••• •

Hardware (5)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (7)
2x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)

Icebreaker (9)
1x Alias (Honor and Profit)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
2x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
2x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) ••••

Program (2)
2x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Cerebral Imaging: Infinite Frontiers (Creation and Control)

Agenda (9)
3x Efficiency Committee (Creation and Control)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
2x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
1x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)

Operation (27)
3x Archived Memories (Core Set)
3x Biotic Labor (Core Set)
3x Blue Level Clearance (Fear and Loathing)
3x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Reclamation Order (Double Time)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
2x Scorched Earth (Core Set) ••••• •••
1x SEA Source (Core Set) ••
3x Shipment from SanSan (Second Thoughts) •••

Barrier (6)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
2x Heimdall 2.0 (Creation and Control)
1x Hive (Double Time) ••

Code Gate (3)
3x Viktor 2.0 (Creation and Control)

Sentry (4)
2x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
2x Ichi 2.0 (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Double Time

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn E
Netherlands
Zwolle
Overijssel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!

How many players participated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Congrats! Can you take us through some stages of the games you played? Did you win by flatlining, by the CI combo or by scoring agendas after blowing up programs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hal incandenza wrote:
Congrats! Can you take us through some stages of the games you played? Did you win by flatlining, by the CI combo or by scoring agendas after blowing up programs?

Sure, here is a writeup of my tournament experience

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/16064436

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yi Sheng Siow
msg tools
i'm more interested in the gabe deck. the deck is obviously well-thought out, but i'm interested in some choices.

1. why 3 makers eye over indexing?
2. why no same old thing?
3. why not even 1 planned assault?
4. why not even 1 security testing?
5. do you regret not playing suckers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
siowy wrote:
i'm more interested in the gabe deck. the deck is obviously well-thought out, but i'm interested in some choices.

THe criminal deck is a result of my play testing and the cards that are in this version are the one that worked best for me, for my playstyle and in my meta, I'll address each question.

I did have Indexings instead of Maker's in earlier versions of the deck but ended up changing them for Maker's Eyes for a couple of reasons; 2 influence versus 3 influence is a big difference. With Indexing I've often felt that I can't be as aggressive since I need to get in the server at least twice and preferably three times in a row to make the most out of it. Maker's Eye being "cheaper" allows me to be more aggressive and also since I need fewer credits the corp doen't see it come as easily, rack up on credits for a multi acces and they will think someting is up.

I never really feel the need to use Siphons or other cards again, I can't find the deck space and it is a bit expensive in my opinion, I have a ton of tricks as it is and they worked well for me. Mainly deckspace and not feeling the need.

Again a card I had in my earlier versions, I jumped at it when H&P came out and put it right in there, last it did not make the cut. Sure having access to any of the runs in my deck is nice, but it did not work too well for me. My thought was mainly to use Planned Assault to get my 1:ofs for those rare situations (Running Interference, Blackmail, Stimhack....) but I never found use for those cards and more often than not Planned Assault as well as the one-ofs were dead cards.

I never really understood the appeal of Security Testing, the possibility to earn two creds from a run and not be able to access cards? THis is stupid, was my thought. I still don't think it is very useful, in case there is an open server, it might be ok, but a good corp will close them up right away (I always do) and then it is just a dead card. I also do not want to waste a run to gain an additional credit. This card is better with Datasucker and Desperado, I do not pack Suckers and Desperad actually ended up being pretty useless for me in the tournament, this might actually be a card I will cut wow . Lastly and probably one of the bigger reason not to run Security Testing, I do not want the corp to shut down Archives since I want to be able to Sneak my way in to HQ through that backdoor (Sneakdoor Beta), run warly and pressure HQ, the corp often puts up to two ICE there and rezzes, slap down the Sneakdoor and get three accesses and the Gabe credit, next turn they have to ICE archives and then rez that ICE. I love it when they throw something like Rototurret there, once they ICE archives that Sneakdoor is less useful, go ahead waste your time and resources protecting a server that is no longer of use to me laugh

Nope, never felt the need for them with the breakers I use. Zu is good for most codegates, Mimic is in there for the low strength (Jinteki) Sentrys, Femme is an OK breaker and as everyone else uses her, emergency breaker, and Alias is a cheap pumpable breaker for centrals. Remotes are Inside Job:ed and when ICE is rezzed Shutdown and FAO:ed when the corp does not have the credits.

Hope the answers helped a bit, like I said, this is what worked for me, with my playstyle and in my meta

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.