Popular Tags: [View All]
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, take the word elite very loosely (ha ha). I don't drink soda anymore so it's ice tea or iced coffee for me. Mountain dew is a still majorly popular. But in the south I've seen more of our gamers with sweet tea than anything else. It's very interesting.

I make my own iced coffee in big tumblers (Starbucks eat your hear out) and save myself a few bucks in the process. I can flavor it however I want to and make enough for more than just me in a hurry.

When it comes to Gamer food, hey, this is the South. If you can't get good eats here, you're in trouble. It's not just chips and dip around here (though the occasional pizza party is in order). I make a dish up like gumbo or chili. Hot dogs and hamburgers might happen too.

What do you and your crew do for gamer eats and drinks? Does everyone chip in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Answering your "2nd query" "1st" will also suffice for them BOTH! No, those cheap, chintzy 'mooches' and whatever THAT 'moi' has abouts, is what they'll devour in some 'Locustittular' demeanor, and THAT 'bugs' ME!. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
ya gotta bunny/duck it in your head
badge
"I looked at my hands, I understood that one fine day, one fine evening to be precise, they would no longer be hands but some other awful thing." —Jack Kerouac
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually just game with a salt lick tied around my neck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trauth
Australia
Pretty much everywhere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I like to stick it to the 'man' whoever that is...

so naturally I have a Latte - it just feels elite. cool

Or a lactose tolerance test ... take your pick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of my major gaming days are hosted by the same guy. He usually puts pork in the smoker and we have pulled pork sandwiches around 5:00 p.m. (we just munch on chips and hot finger foods earlier in the day). He also makes home-brewed beer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife will often make a food run for us which normally is an excellent local Chinese food place called Mama China's. We then sort of take a dinner break and feast on the buffet of Chinese food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb

We drink Beer, sometimes scotch and more than sometimes Bloody Mary's

Snacks range from pretzels to fancy pizza made by one of the members.

Photo evidence here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mdu2boy/sets/72157594178291374...

-M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Wentland
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Roar
mbmbmbmbmb
We drink beer as well but sometimes switch over to scotch or bourbon to switch things up.

Food varies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Taylor
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grub
I usually host our game group nights so I have everyone chip in for food if they want it.

Typically people forget to bring cash so I have a square reader for them to pay me back.

Other than that it is BYOB so some bring beer and things to drink. Otherwise, being a Texan, my fridge constantly has sweet tea in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I drink Diet Coke, and so that's what a lot of our group drinks just cuz it's what we have on hand. But some will just drink water, and sometimes we'll drink cider.

I always ask people to bring snacks and drinks...but they never do.

I recently started having everyone chip in (if they want) to order pizza.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan F
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We usually grill if possible, everybody brings different things. I always somehow end up in charge of telling who to bring what...

Beers, iced or hot tea, or hard ciders seem to be the drink of choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:
I usually just game with a salt lick tied around my neck.

laugh Man that tickled my funny bone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyway, I don't really get to do much tabletop gaming these days (don't have a group anymore or many gaming friends).

But if I did, I would drink an Amp (probably the green or orange ones since they still have normal sugar in them vs. sucralose or asculfame crap) and chase it with a delicious and refreshing Ice Mountain bottled spring water.

For snacks, geez, it could be anything, really...I'm only picky about my drinks.

And no liquor for me, at all, ever. The stuff just tastes nasty to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Promise me there won't be any squares at my funeral
mbmbmbmbmb
Played some board games on the weekend and ate / drank the following stuff: chickpea chips, summer rolls, salt and pepper tofu, apple cider, beer, a nice French wine from Bruce's stepfather's cellar, mandarin brandy. Elite!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beer & Weed - food is not needed when gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't normally do any snacking during the gaming. It's usually just whatever meals happen to overlap with the game day. For drinks it's usually either beer or water. I'm typically drinking water because alcohol and gaming gives me a headache. It's hard enough to win while sober.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Typically I cook up some frozen DiGiorno's for everyone who comes to my monthly group. I find that when you host from 1-midnight, it's helpful to provide dinner to minimize breaks between games and ensure everyone feels welcome, even if they don't have the budget to order pizza or something.

Of course, last Saturday I served turkey sandwiches on french bread with curried mashed potatoes and gravy on top. I don't often put together anything so elaborate(since game days typically involve 10-15 people), but on special occasions I like to really roll out the leftovers. I think my exact level of laziness for food prep is either taking something out of the freezer and putting in the oven, or taking something out of the fridge and placing it on the counter.

Other than that, Sam's Club mini-brownies, peanutbutter filled pretzels, sodas, and local microbrews are standards at my game days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Order in pizza, beer and diet pop (with option of OJ, water or milk, but rarely selected). Sometimes meat on the grill, pork chops, chicken (with naan to wrap it in) or hamburger, occasionally some potato or other veggie.

My group drives from minimum of 20 miles (up to ~60), so I usually spring for dinner and drinks. Sometimes they chip in and sometimes they bring snacks.

I don't snack much any more, so don't usually have them, but my son made some guac a few sessions ago and we shared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Miller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just do snacks.

I host every other Tuesday. We have homebrew in assorted styles, iced tea, coffee, coke, and hard cider, also homebrew. Mulled cider this time of year, and cherry limeade when we feel nostalgic.

Homemade extra spicy Chex mix, weird Asian cookies, weird English cookies, weird dried vegetable things, Twizlers, Peanut M&Ms, and Girl Scout cookies, when in season.

Guests aren't required to bring things, but when they do it is usually weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We usually do snacks (cheese/grape plate) or some gourmet pizza from up the street, plus some H.Weinhard.

Lately, I've personally taken up Joia bevs, which are so delicious it should be considered illegal. Don't let the ingredients label deter you.

We also offer canned bevs, teas, and the traditional prepackaged stuff (e.g. cheese-its and chocolate) for folks who want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drinks are either very good coffee for me, or beer (for me and my friends, who many don't drink coffee oddly). Beers range from English ales, to trappist belgians (so tasty) to Ontario Craft.

For food, we generally do dinner and a game night, and I cook something good for whatever ones I host, and my wife brings in some desert.

Last time was:

a porketta like roast, potatoes (w/ red wine gravy) and blaukraut with peanut butter cheesecake.

Before that was:

Meatball and butternut squash stroganoff with something really good for dessert, can't actually remember.

Last time at the guests was a lasagna with fresh pasta, and a chocolate cake.

Eat well, live well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rue Sailmana
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
The Hedgehog Can Never be Buggered at All
mbmbmbmbmb
Drinks: Coffee, tea, water, beer (no pilsener)
Snacks: tomatoes, carrots, nuts, salty sticks and I mostly cook something around dinner time.

For tonight I have prepared a real Dutch dinner: Hachee (a beef stew) with rodekoolstamppot (red cabbage and potatoes mix mash thingy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
live4fun long and prosper
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We established a rotation in our group. Most of us have decent collections and we rotate where we play on a weekly basis. Host provides dinner before we start to play. That way everybody can join right after work not having to arrange for supper.

Diversity is nice and I got to know some very delicious meals that way.

Attending guest usually provide sweets to snack during game time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.