Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Munilla
United States
Garner
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my base set on Friday and got a few plays in. It was a lot of fun and inspired me to compile all the rules for the expansions in anticipation of the second wave of shipping. In doing so, I noticed that the Lucky Bean set has no downside and really just seems better than the rest of the sets. To keep things a bit more balanced, I propose the following additional rule:

When using the Lucky Bean set, you never lock dice.

This means that in exchange for your potential to instantly win, you have to roll each pair exactly in order to move between stages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Louder
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a bit strong... how about we alter it to you can only lock the lower number of the set. (i.e. you can only lock a 1 when going for 1/2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Purtell
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your variant, but the negative does outweigh the positive by a fairly large margin. Darrell's suggestion softens the blow a little.

The sets were never intended to be balanced - I think of Lucky Bean as a set that can be used to handicap. It's also that much sweeter when you win against it with another set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.