Subject: Mission 6 ("smart" version) questions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Isn't there a huge exploit possible as you start the mission, where agents could just repeatedly search the rooms before choosing to reveal any signals? If I'm understanding it correctly, no events happen and no aliens appear until agents choose to reveal a signal...

2) I assume the actual image on the signals (human vs. alien) is irrelevant, right? and that they used that one "alien" token just because there are only 6 human tokens in the box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wretched Git wrote:
1) Isn't there a huge exploit possible as you start the mission, where agents could just repeatedly search the rooms before choosing to reveal any signals? If I'm understanding it correctly, no events happen and no aliens appear until agents choose to reveal a signal...

Events happen normally (but you ignore any text that tells you to move signals). The event deck in this mission is a ticking clock counting down to failure. This is intensified by the fact that you also draw event cards when you reveal a signal.

Wretched Git wrote:
2) I assume the actual image on the signals (human vs. alien) is irrelevant, right? and that they used that one "alien" token just because there are only 6 human tokens in the box...

The icon is entirely relevant. Only the alien signal can turn out to be the Xeno-Alpha (human signals are discarded as per normal, since nothing else is specified for them in the special mission rules). If you scan it and don't get the bolt effect, back the signal goes in the game box and you'll have to search it out again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
Wretched Git wrote:

Events happen normally (but you ignore any text that tells you to move signals). The event deck in this mission is a ticking clock counting down to failure. This is intensified by the fact that you also draw event cards when you reveal a signal.

Wretched Git wrote:

The icon is entirely relevant. Only the alien signal can turn out to be the Xeno-Alpha (human signals are discarded as per normal, since nothing else is specified for them in the special mission rules). If you scan it and don't get the bolt effect, back the signal goes in the game box and you'll have to search it out again.

Wow -- ok, I had it all wrong. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.