Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had recently received the 2nd part of my fathers day order as described http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi.... Since I had purchased Diamant because someone said that their kids liked it, I decided that we'd play Diamant for our Sunday night family gaming. Unfortunately Lydia backed out at the last minute with a headache so it ended up being just Jordan (5), Justin (7), and I (41). The english rules I had printed from Faidutti's site say 4 - 7 players, but we had fun with 3.

Our inteprid adventurers found the camp, bedded down for the night. Up early they started exploring the 1st cave. First card was a 14, either the darkness of the cave or the 2 left over rubies convinced Jordan to head back to camp, where he staked out his tent. Justin explored a little longer, then headed back with his loot. After tempting fate for a little bit longer (2 cards) I headed back as well.

The next morning we were up early again, ready to explore. Jordan backed out after the 1st card again, at 5 getting the left over rubies and picking your tent must be important. It turned into a good move too as Justin and I got snakebitten.

The 3rd morning was very, very good. Jordan did the 1st card, but Justin and I stayed in for quite some time and got some good loot. Unfortunately the 4th cave ended in an explosion for Justin and I.

The last cave draw went like this, poison, snake, poison. Wow, might as well have stayed in camp.

We counted up the loot and it was Jon 56, Justin 45, and Jordan 30. Everybody was excited about playing again, so we set off to find another set of caves.

I talked to Jordan about the advantages to staying in, and how if he wanted to get more gems he had to stay in longer.

The 2nd game started out like the 1st ended, explosion, 1 ruby, snake, explosion. Jordan thought I was nuts.

The 2nd cave went scorp, 1 diamand, and Jordan was headed to camp with his one ruby. Unfortunately for Justin and I we were stung 2 cards later. Jordan stayed in for 3 cards in the 3rd cave and managed to be at 11 rubies, while either an explosion or greed kept Justin and I scoreless after 3.

Jordan stayed in for several cards on the 4th mine, after he left I played a couple more than left as well, couldn't chance it. Sure enough Justin was knocked out again by poisonous gas (I immediately said excuse me . Jordan and I were neck and neck with Justin still at 0.

Justin knew he had to push it in cave 5. Jordan and I both dropped out after 4 cards when the left overs were at 7. Justin pushed it up to about 25, but was stung by a huge scorpion and ended up at 0.

Final score was Jordan 30, Jon 30, and Justin 0.

We all enjoyed it and wanted to play again, especially Jordan. But unfortunately it was bath time.

It will be pulled out again soon. It's always nice to find games that you can play with a 5 year old and still enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.