Recommend
26 
 Thumb up
 Hide
90 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Prepare for MANDATORY FUN rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Yesssss!





8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Also, this:

16 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep looking for a track list. I'm saying that there will be parodies of Somebody That I Used to Know (if only because the video will be hilarious), and Royals. At the very least, they'll be in the polka. There might be something Miley Cyrus, but he's already done a parody of her and the only time he's parodied the same person twice was Michael Jackson (Eat It and Fat).
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
According to iTunes, here's the track list:

1. Handy
2. Lame Claim to Fame
3. Foil
4. Sports Song
5. Word Crimes
6. My Own Eyes
7. NOW That's What I Call Polka!
8. Mission Statement
9. Inactive
10. First World Problems
11. Tacky
12. Jackson Park Express

I'm guessing Handy and Tacky are Fancy by Iggy Azalea and Happy by Pharrell Williams, though I don't know which is which. The odd tracks are usually the parodies, I just don't know what Foil, Word Crimes, or Inactive are.
5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In all seriousness - when does he get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? I almost typed "indicted", which might have been equally accurate . . .

The liner notes of his most recent Greatest Hits collection started off as a joke-y "Why Weird Al should be in the HoF" riff and then morphed into a genuinely compelling argument.

Been a fan since '86 or so, seen him live a number of times and - without exaggeration - the only guy I've seen work harder onstage is Springsteen . . .
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nycavri wrote:
In all seriousness - when does he get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? I almost typed "indicted", which might have been equally accurate . . .

The liner notes of his most recent Greatest Hits collection started off as a joke-y "Why Weird Al should be in the HoF" riff and then morphed into a genuinely compelling argument.

Been a fan since '86 or so, seen him live a number of times and - without exaggeration - the only guy I've seen work harder onstage is Springsteen . . .

Hear hear. I also think he needs to be the halftime act at the Super Bowl sometime.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Back 9th Feb 2018
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Might as well face it, I'm addicted to spuds...
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
I've been on board for the Weird Al Super Bowl halftime show for a long time now. If he did it, it would be the best halftime show ever.

As for the HoF, I don't really care. I know Al is a legend, I don't need anyone else to confirm that for me.

(Just 12 more days!)
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
asutbone wrote:
According to iTunes, here's the track list:

1. Handy
2. Lame Claim to Fame
3. Foil
4. Sports Song
5. Word Crimes
6. My Own Eyes
7. NOW That's What I Call Polka!
8. Mission Statement
9. Inactive
10. First World Problems
11. Tacky
12. Jackson Park Express

I'm guessing Handy and Tacky are Fancy by Iggy Azalea and Happy by Pharrell Williams, though I don't know which is which. The odd tracks are usually the parodies, I just don't know what Foil, Word Crimes, or Inactive are.

If you break it into an extra syllable, which matches the original song's inflection, "Foil" would work perfectly as a parody of "Royals".
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait to add another polka to the Spotify playlist of Weird Al polkas!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Inactive could be Radioactive, and Word Crimes is probably Blurred Lines.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.nerdist.com/vepisode/weird-al-yankovic-gets-tacky...

Can't figure out how to embed it.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
asutbone wrote:
Inactive could be Radioactive, and Word Crimes is probably Blurred Lines.


Well done.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Word Crimes" is the clear winner. That may the grammar Nazi in me talking...
14 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
"Word Crimes" is the clear winner. That may the grammar Nazi in me talking...


Word Crimes video is now live.
Can't figure out how to link it.
http://www.weirdal.com/
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Had me literally (in the original, literal sense of the word) laughing out loud.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Love the two videos so far! Can't wait for more.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really liked that one! laugh

(I'm a bit of a sucker for kinetic typography videos, though - at least, when done well. This one was!)
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.