United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Like the colors of Magic the Gathering, or the superhero... uhhh. families? leagues of justice? (Not a superhero guy...!) I'm wondering if DDDM will have factions. Certainly the D&D universe provides some pretty nifty parameters for this, either via alignment or orcs and goblins vs. elves and such...

Ideally, I'd like to get a starter (or two?) and a box of boosters, and be able to divide them up into meaningful factions so my buddy would have a set from which to build his faction, and I would have a (different) set to do the same.

Did the superhero DM game provide any structure to building your force? I'm assuming one guy might bring superheroes, and the other guy might bring supervillains; but if you had enough dice you could probably field hero vs. hero or villain vs. villain? How does force building and factions work out in DM?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Marvel Dice Masters, there are three factions, X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four and Villains (and non-affiliated), with a fourth, Phoenix Force, being introduced in the Organized Play.

Some cards do give bonuses or debuffs based on faction affiliation. Nick Fury has a card that allows all Avengers to be fielded for free. Magneto has a card that debuffs X-Men. A Dr. Doom card debuffs all non-villain characters.

I'm sure that D&D DM will have factions as well and it would make sense to base them on alignment and/or race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see Chaotic, Lawful, Neutral, Good, Evil, etc..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just gotta wait till they release some info/pictures. december or jan im sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.