Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello friends!

This is Steve from [thing=156935][/thing].

I'm working on getting my kickstarter going right now and have a question about shipping.

I'm likely going to use either Printninja or thegamecrafter.com to manufacture my game.

TGC.com is great because it markets, sells, and ships your game for you, with no minimum order. The only downside is it's expensive per unit, and the quality (in my opinion) is lackluster. Though people don't really seem to mind the quality of TGC.com.

Printninja requires a minimum order of 1,000 units. I've gotten a quote from them, and it's way way cheaper than using TGC.com, and way better quality.

The issue for me is that I live in Canada. Printninja doesn't handle shipping except to 1 place (my house, or some warehouse). If I have to ship each unit out (most of them going to the states) it could get extremely expensive with me being in Canada (though backers will be fronting most of the cost of shipping).

TGC.com offers on average, shipping anywhere in the US for $5.00, and $25.00 for international (for small packages).

That's a bit pricey too, but I think it's a price most US/International gamers are familiar with.

A lot of projects offer free shipping in the states (though I'm not sure how this feat is achieved without killing your profit margins).

I haven't found it yet, but is there a company you can ship your board games to, who will handle shipping for you and ultimately reduce the cost?

Any information the community can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say I did just find this and am looking over it thoroughly.

http://stonemaiergames.com/how-to-provide-free-shipping-worl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.