Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awhile back I asked if anyone knew where on the net I could find a site that has the complete(or most of)the pics of U.S Sub Commanders,it seemed like no one knew,and myself after looking,looking and looking hasn't found one either;so now I'm asking if anyone knows what books I could buy that has most of the pics of U.S Sub Commanders;I can't believe that the U.S Skippers were camera shy,it sure looks like the Germans were not,at less by uboat.net that has about 80% of the German Commander pics.Thanks to anyone that can help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Tyrone,

Roscoe's "United States Submarine Operations in World War II" lists all the top guys in the back in an index. Then just google them - most of the Wiki entries have pictures, as I recall.

I don't know of a single reference offhand with all of their pictures, but the above method will work.

As far as camera-shy...I doubt it. At a bare minimum each of those officers had to have had their official War Dept. photo taken. Guaranteed. So photos DO exist. Finding them all takes a bit of work maybe. But they have to exist.

I hope this helps,
Greg
Game Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.