miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rune master

- I can't use Exploding Rune with Runic Sorcery in same attack ?
- When activate quick casting I can't use neither Exploding Rune nor Runic Sorcery in that attack ?
- Runic sorcery with blast weapon ?
- Exploding Rune with blast weapon , Do I gain blast 2 ?

Immobile

I immobile gryvon (Dragon final boss in base game)

He has ability to activate out of overlord turn

Can he activate him do nothing and free from immobile after activate out of overlord turn ?

ps. break the rune, I don't think it worth 3 skill points
pps. Can anyone summarize how good each healer class ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
-You can't use Exploding Rune and Runic Sorcery at the same time because both are individual actions.
-You CAN use one after the other using Quick Casting, if you have enough stamina. All it does is increase the number of attacks you can perform, and both the other skills are attacks
-Yes
-No effect; one Blast per attack

Immobilize only prevents Move actions and fatigue movement. All other movement is allowed. Gryvorn's ability lets him take actions after hero turns, so he wouldn't be able to take a move action while Immobilized.

Don't get Break the Rune. It's terrible.

This gives a better summary of Healer and other classes than I could.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for fast reply

so there's no blast 2 in this edition ?

So gryvon cannot move at all until overlord turn end ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, just one kind of Blast; affects all spaces adjacent to the target space (NOT figure).

Not quite. He cannot move via a move action, but if you have something that could give him movement points, like the Blinding Speed card from Labyrinth of Ruin, he could move then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:

-You CAN use one after the other using Quick Casting, if you have enough stamina. All it does is increase the number of attacks you can perform, and both the other skills are attacks

I disagree. Quick Casting gives you an Attack. Exploding Rune and Runic Sorcery are not attack actions but rather special actions that happen to include an attack. I see that as a big difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you saying you can't use either, or just not both? The wording for Quick Casting is "After you perform an attack with a Rune weapon, exhaust this card to immediately perform an additional attack." Runic Sorcery and Exploding Rune both say "Perform an attack with a Rune weapon," which fulfills Quick Casting's condition.

I can see a case for not being able to use Quick Casting follow up with the second skill after using the first, but at the least you should be able to perform a normal attack using Quick Casting after using either of the other skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
Are you saying you can't use either, or just not both? The wording for Quick Casting is "After you perform an attack with a Rune weapon, exhaust this card to immediately perform an additional attack." Runic Sorcery and Exploding Rune both say "Perform an attack with a Rune weapon," which fulfills Quick Casting's condition.

I can see a case for not being able to use Quick Casting follow up with the second skill after using the first, but at the least you should be able to perform a normal attack using Quick Casting after using either of the other skills.

You can easily use Quick Casting to perform a regular one-target attack with whatever abilities you gain directly from the weapon as a follow up for "Runic Sorcery" and "Exploding Rune".

It can trigger off them, since you are performing an attack as part of the skill action. Just the extra attack cannot be one of those two skill actions.

To spell my reading out:
1. Use Runic Sorcery or Exploding Rune to attack
2. Use Quick Casting to gain an extra regular attack

=> legal

2. Use Quick Casting to gain an extra Runic Sorcery or Exploding Rune attack

=> illegal

1. Use a regular attack action

=> illegal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
I'm inclined to agree with Chris.

FFG has previously ruled that the OL card Frenzy does not allow the monster to use a special Monster Action that happens to be an attack. The "extra attack" granted is strictly a regular Attack Action.

To remain consistent with that ruling, I'd say the bonus attack granted by Quick Casting must be a regular Attack Action, not any kind of special skill action that happens to include an attack, such as the skills being discussed here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm listening
we will play next 2 weeks

I have a lot of time till that

thanks everyone for answer the thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you attack yourself or party member of Skeleton familiar ?

for blast purpose .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisdk wrote:
Sarcasmorator wrote:

You can easily use Quick Casting to perform a regular one-target attack with whatever abilities you gain directly from the weapon as a follow up for "Runic Sorcery" and "Exploding Rune".

It can trigger off them, since you are performing an attack as part of the skill action. Just the extra attack cannot be one of those two skill actions.

To spell my reading out:
2. Use Quick Casting to gain an extra regular attack

=> legal

=> illegal

1. Use a regular attack action

=> illegal

All right, I agree this is correct.

miloboy wrote:
Can you attack yourself or party member of Skeleton familiar ?

for blast purpose .

No. (Corpse Blast excepted.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you could use Quick Casting for a normal attack after an Exploding Rune or Runic Sorcery, but you could not key Exploding Rune or Runic Sorcery TO Quick Casting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
more question

Ghost armor
Can I use it more than once per attacked ?

Valor token too.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghost armor - yes, as long as you have fatigue left.

Valor tokens - all abilities have limits written on them. There's some with "once per attack", and there's one with "up to 3 tokens".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.