Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Gorzek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will using a meeple to track movement help the game or is using the cards to track movement good enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens www.spielefreun.de
Germany
Heinersreuth
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext is really cool. The best 100 GG I've ever spent.
badge
Well. I'm actually bored with overtext. Why did I give all that GG away?
mbmbmbmbmb
In the files section, there are "standups" you can use. With the cards alone, it gets very confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Witte
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use wound markers from Summoner Wars and energy cubes from King of Tokyo to represent the opposing fighters. It helps a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes things a lot more obvious as you don't have to constant reference the character cards to see where they are at. In my opinion, the game should have included tokens of 3 different colors for both players' characters and items. Little wooden cubes would suffice; if fact, that is what I use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
It makes things a lot more obvious as you don't have to constant reference the character cards to see where they are at. In my opinion, the game should have included tokens of 3 different colors for both players' characters and items. Little wooden cubes would suffice; if fact, that is what I use.

Can you elaborate? How many tokens would one need, and in how many colors?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:
bbblasterfire wrote:

Thanks!

I think you could get by with 8 pairs of different colored meeples / cubes or unique tokens, since the largest scenario uses 8 characters.

But i love the idea of the stands, i'll have to go check those out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:
bbblasterfire wrote:

Thanks!

You need 9 tokens of one color and 9 of another. 14 of a third.

The system that I use actually uses 10 tokens of one color and 10 of another and 14 tokens of a 3rd color (for items). I don't differentiate between items from for one player versus the other. If you wanted to do that, you'd use 7 of a third color and 7 of a fourth.

The extra token per player over the 9 max is used to track actions. I find it easier to use a token rather than remembering to rotate the card.

I don't usually use all 10 tokens, but they are there to allow for all the different game modes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.