Subject: Does last round scoring kill this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read that going last in the final round usually results in a huge disadvantage and practically kills the game. Any thoughts on this as I love the theme but don't want to buy it if the game is broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Origins 2020 Jun 17th - 21st
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 13 left to play
Microbadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: I like to play NEW gamesMicrobadge: Star Wars: The MandalorianMicrobadge: I have at least 2,000 logged game plays!Microbadge: Golden Image Uploader
A simple fix is that once you've done your mission in 1969, you can no longer contribute cards to any subsequent missions.

That way the turn order disadvantage is slowly mitigated as 4, then 3, then 2, then 1 other player can sabotage your mission.

The issue is that players who have done their last mission may be sitting on a lot of cards they have nothing to do with other than negatively affect others players missions. By making that impossible on the last turn, players now need to weigh how much they want to sabotage vs. how much they think they themselves will be sabotaged back in 1969. After their mission is done, unused cards are just lost, rather than piled on the later players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheryl Leon
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually find that when we play we never use our cards against other players. First of all, they are too valuable and too hard to come by. Second of all, we end up rooting for each other to make their Moon missions. LOL! I just think it's more fun when you're almost on your own at the end there. What always kills me is all the rookies i stupidly hire. We love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls