Subject: Alliance Marshall Patrol Boat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wade Hobby
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
We've already added another Reaver ship (and allow the player to choose which one to move when the Nav Card comes up) but Alliance space all alone is too small to add another cruiser. Instead I pulled the 'jet fighter' looking ship from my Rinco 'bag of ships' and painted it gray and called it the Alliance Marshall Patrol Boat.
I've neglected to get a picture of it unfortunately but even with the extra engines glued on it's not very impressive anyway. However I do like the cards and rules I created for it.
Unlike the Cruiser or the Cutter, the Marshall can go anywhere so he has cards in both Nav Decks. Below are the posted rules and Nav Cards for whenever he is encountered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Hobby
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Hobby
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Hobby
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Hobby
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't decided yet where the Patrol Boat would start, perhaps Hera?
Any comments or concerns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say starting at Albion or Valentine.
have it start in Alliance Space, and then move out and about.
I take it that it can move through Border Space as well?
seems like a nice little boat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Hobby
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Yep it can go anywhere. I thought about doing the Valentine thing but wanted to give it a start farther from the Cruiser.
I've even considered allowing it to be a player ship and base it off the interloper's card (actually maybe just changing the picture and taking the whole concept, surely Early's ship isn't the only one out there like it).
I've wondered if Firefly on the die should count when moving it with a dice roll or does that make it too powerful?
Can't wait to play test it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Hobby
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb

Finally uploading the pic of my Alliance Marshall Patrol Boat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Dawson
Canada
Kelowna
BC
flag msg tools
mb
I really like the cards, but where did you get that fig? Is it modified from the other ships similar to the Xiao?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's from that pack of plastic ships. Looks much cooler in gray than in the bright colors it normally comes in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Hobby
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I also sliced up some of the other ships in the pack to get the extra ship engines.
Not very skilled in carving my own yet though. Wish I could get something that looked more like Womack's ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.