Subject: Create A Character For Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Splotchy Ink

Friendswood
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious about the potential implementation of having a backer voted/created character cards to help get the backers involved into the campaign and the game. Although having a big 'insert your character here' tier is popular, but also the kind of 'group vote' for a stretch goal unlocked character card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both could work. As the funding level reaches a point of slaying the shown group of SGs or close to it. A quick Google poll to choose one of the next would be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcs1213 wrote:
Both could work. As the funding level reaches a point of slaying the shown group of SGs or close to it. A quick Google poll to choose one of the next would be fun.

While this is true, no unplayed and untested game content will be put into the game. Also, of the numerous characters we have developed, we have carefully chosen when they will unlock as to provide the best experience of Harbour the earliest in the funding...

Just in case we cannot get to unlock them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Backer voting may be a doable thing, but as Michael said, we don't like to put unplayed/untested content into our games.

Hmm... perhaps a Kickstarter exclusive, community designed character (which could be unplayed/untested, as it's entirely promotional) could be a thing. We don't like exclusive game content either though.

I'm sure Mike and the Team will give this some thought.

Edit: Would a stretch goal of some number of blank buildings (1-2 blank icon locations, blank cost locations, blank VP locations, blank game text, blank illustration, but framed like a full color building card - maybe even a standard background in the illustration area) be something backers would be interested in? Then people could make their own content to their heart's content!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Hobbes
China
Guangzhou
Guangdong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These days, I've been modding cards and rules a lot more. Blank cards and player boards would definitely be something I'd be excited about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
Would a stretch goal of some number of blank buildings (1-2 blank icon locations, blank cost locations, blank VP locations, blank game text, blank illustration, but framed like a full color building card - maybe even a standard background in the illustration area) be something backers would be interested in?

Absolutely yes from me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.