Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game and was wondering if anyone has managed to get enough light charged into the luminous dice to last a full game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not sure as I have not tried it to see how long they last. But I do remember that two of the symbols look kind of the same and when playing with them just glowing it makes it a little tougher to tell them apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bmwrider wrote:
I just got the game and was wondering if anyone has managed to get enough light charged into the luminous dice to last a full game?

Not unless you nuke them first. Not recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm not recommending *this* either, but because of the physics of GitD the light that comes off the symbols is always the same frequency (color), but the light that excites the electrons doesn't have to be. Thus you can be in a dark room and illuminate the dice with a color of light that you can not see and they will glow in a color that you can see. That means having a UV light overhead while you play, and making sure you don't look up because looking into the UV light can hurt your eyes, and may in fact have some other issues. But it would look great. But don't do it. But post pictures if you do. But don't do it. Dangerous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

I'm not recommending *this* either, but because of the physics of GitD the light that comes off the symbols is always the same frequency (color), but the light that excites the electrons doesn't have to be. Thus you can be in a dark room and illuminate the dice with a color of light that you can not see and they will glow in a color that you can see. That means having a UV light overhead while you play, and making sure you don't look up because looking into the UV light can hurt your eyes, and may in fact have some other issues. But it would look great. But don't do it. But post pictures if you do. But don't do it. Dangerous.

Players could always use a black light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to find a way ti charge all 6 sides at once.
Thinking bright room or white box with a flashlight/headlamp under Plexiglass would work, or just two lights in a white enclosure to reflect the light every where.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"Black light" is vernacular for UV, specifically UV-A.

Charging all sides is probably easiest done by tumbling the dice under the highest intensity light you have, like a desk lamp or something. In my experiments It doesn't take long for theme to charge, under decent light a charge of a few seconds is only slightly less effective than a charge of a few minutes.

I need to document the measurements I took with a computer controlled lighting duration and a light meter sensitive enough to log the curve of brightness loss by milliseconds. GitD is fascinating, but you're still not going to get a charge long enough to play more than a turn or two, unless everyone has exceptional night vision or you play really, really fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

"Black light" is vernacular for UV, specifically UV-A.

Charging all sides is probably easiest done by tumbling the dice under the highest intensity light you have, like a desk lamp or something. In my experiments It doesn't take long for theme to charge, under decent light a charge of a few seconds is only slightly less effective than a charge of a few minutes.

I need to document the measurements I took with a computer controlled lighting duration and a light meter sensitive enough to log the curve of brightness loss by milliseconds. GitD is fascinating, but you're still not going to get a charge long enough to play more than a turn or two, unless everyone has exceptional night vision or you play really, really fast.

I did not know that a black light was UV, makes sense though, I knoticed that lights labeled as UV put out the same light as those labeled black.
I will experiment a bit and post my results as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.