Jeffrey Day
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Asgard

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/asgard/251703

It was also $12.95 CAD at Board Game Bliss but they're sold out. Maybe other places will be dropping the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Li
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wallet is so happy that it is sold out at Board Game Bliss. modest
I was tempted even though I know it has little chance to hit the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait till more people get this one. I need a walk through video, it's a little confusing to learn flat out. Anyone play this yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it saturday, very happy with it. Severely underrated game. Rulebook could be better, best to learn with the newer one here on the geek. but we only got a couple of things wrong first play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Anyone play this yet?

I've been a cheerleader for this at nearly every opportunity. Amazing game. Unique, substantial, gorgeous. Only knock is setup is a bit tedious, and it takes a bit to wrap your head around the fact that battles during the game are completely different from the final Ragnarok battle at the end. But all-up it's my favorite 2013 game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Anyone play this yet?

I've been a cheerleader for this at nearly every opportunity. Amazing game. Unique, substantial, gorgeous. Only knock is setup is a bit tedious, and it takes a bit to wrap your head around the fact that battles during the game are completely different from the final Ragnarok battle at the end. But all-up it's my favorite 2013 game.

I know Curt, bought it on your recommendations a while back. Still haven't gotten it to the table and debated trading it. I have a lot of worker placement games now, what sets it apart besides the theme?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flame Point Crispin wrote:

Yep, this has been part of their Summer Sale for a few weeks now:

http://www.cardhaus.com/advanced_search?utf8%3D✓&search%5Btags_name_eq%5D=Summer+Sale&search%5Bsort%5D=name&search%5Bdirection%5D=ascend&commit=Search

(need to cut and paste the whole address as some of the characters in the search string are screwing up the BGG linking script)

Jumped on it as soon as I saw it, awaiting delivery with a currently held order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
what sets it apart besides the theme?

A lot.

Each round you select a set of actions you'd like to take. This is in the form of cards. Each card = a god = an action location (each location has multiple actions, so there are still options in addition to selection of card). But then in turn order, you actually select one of your cards and put a worker on the appropriate god and take the action. As gods fill up, you have to potentially adjust your plans in terms of which gods you'll activate, from among those you've already chosen.

Lots of different paths: You can build temples, which require resources, or you can fight battles, which consumes your workers, but winning more battles gives you a vp income stream as well as grants reinforcements for Ragnarok. As you build temples to gods, you are siding with them for the final Ragnarok battle. Few games, if any, have such a specific developed climax to the game. Light and dark gods will be opposed, and since each god can have two temples built to him (or her), that means up to two players can be allied for each god. Which means individual battles in Ragnarok can be up to 2v2 in terms of game players. It's a battle of escalations as players choose how to allocate their limited reinforcements among the gods they've backed. You may be allied with one player for one battle in Ragnarok, but against them in another, and thus there's a very interesting dance for how to bolster the gods you're supporting, and hoping you get support from your allies, although not explicitly negotiated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up this and Space Maze.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great. Unfortunately, shipping makes it more expensive than Amazon for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
Looks great. Unfortunately, shipping makes it more expensive than Amazon for me.

So buy it on Amazon already!

Or buy more games and don't pay for shipping. Problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh I really want this game! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
punkin312 wrote:
Uh I really want this game! :-)

Luckily for you it's on sale!

(not seeing the problem)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.