Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The main reason I self published 50 copies of TF9 was to gauge reaction and raise its profile slightly higher than a simple prototype, pitching for a publisher. The process was extremely labour intensive but broke even with regard to capital costs but only if I ignored my time and labour which came in at in excess of 1 hour per unit.

I consider that this exercise was a success and thanks to Rahdo's video TF9 sold out in double quick time. Feedback so far has been positive. I'm now trying to take this to the next level but I cannot afford the time to put together each copy by hand again. I've met with several publishers but there is uncertainty over potential demand. Demand will influence price of a production and fulfillment. If a publisher doesn't bite, then I might strike out on a Kickstarter route. So far I have a list of c50 people who have expressed an interest in a copy if a second edition is produced.

So at an 'in principle' level only with no commitment to buy at this stage, if you would be interested in a copy of the game with an estimated price range of between £15-£20 please could you make yourself known. Just to emphasize, that mindful of the horror stories of previously failed KS endeavors that have got their sums so badly wrong, this wet finger in the air will firstly be the basis for establishing if a second edition is achievable and secondly to offer some framework to calculate a meaningful cost, especially with regard to fulfillment. Thirdly it might be the final push a publisher needs to buy in.

Unless I have committed a heinous BGG crime by doing this (I don't think I have), I'll let this run for one month and then take a view.

My sincere thanks to everyone who has given their support and encouragement to this project so far. I'm a stranger in new territory, I'm very grateful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eckes
United States
Bloomington
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already been in touch with you via Geekmail, Nick, but I am for sure in on this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moss
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hants
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there was a new edition in the works, then I'd be interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
played it and there is a lot going on in a small time frame. count me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Perth
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also would be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Barker
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in a second copy (I own one already) as a present for my brother and nephew, who are avid golfers and I think will enjoy this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Roof
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I would certainly be interested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hunt
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
An automatic buy for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaboda
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also be interested in buying a copy of your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith McNeil
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested, thanks. Here's hoping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely interested if box size - and thus price and shipping costs - stay low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interested. At the price range you suggest I would definitely buy a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First Aussie on this list.
I'm in for sure.

Also if international postage is a hindrance could we pay for a print & play copy (card files). Just as another suggested option.

But I must admit having the game in the wooden box would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tate
United Kingdom
Banbury
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep,

Count me in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Bassiaux
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Olson
United States
Huntersville
NC
flag msg tools
Count me in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in a copy. I don't think Kickstarter would be a bad plan. The key is to have firm production and shipping costs in hand before starting. Make sure you have discussed in detail all the different price levels and production numbers that create a price break. The game is made and the files look ready to go to the printer. You could potentially have a fast turn around (always overestimate the delivery time though for some cushion) But KS is a great way to see if enough people want the game because they are buying it from you before it is made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested as well, with reasonable USA shipping.

Looks like a nice game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mayneric wrote:
I would be interested in a copy. I don't think Kickstarter would be a bad plan. The key is to have firm production and shipping costs in hand before starting. Make sure you have discussed in detail all the different price levels and production numbers that create a price break. The game is made and the files look ready to go to the printer. You could potentially have a fast turn around (always overestimate the delivery time though for some cushion) But KS is a great way to see if enough people want the game because they are buying it from you before it is made.

Sound advice, thank you. I am trying to see how viable a KS route would be compared to a spin pass to a publisher, however its proving very hard to get any level of commitment from anyone involved in the chain from printing to fulfillment. The joys of having no track record in the industry I guess.

Meanwhile I shall persevere and many thanks to everyone who has voted for a 2nd print run so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I've also PMed you, but just for emphasis I would LOVE to see this game on the market. It looks simple, it looks elegant, and the spatial limitation is a really cool aspect, and I think unique to The Front Nine. I'm a definite as well, provided shipping to the US isn't prohibitively expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alanK
msg tools
mb
Please post at least one more run and put me on the list! I may need two copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James To My Friends
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.