Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to my short(ish) review! I decided to review every game I own, and seeing as that takes a while, they're kinda rushed! I tried to break things down nonetheless, and I hope you enjoy the review!

Rushed Reviews Of All My Games

The Short Sell:
A game filled with laughs, silliness and the fact that noone is immune to dark humour.

Components:
- Black Cards (Comments or Sayings or Whatever with 1, 2 or 3 Blank Spaces)
- White Cards (Things to fill those in...like 'Fluffy' or 'Cute'...or um..not fluffy or cute).

Can't really complain, they're decent quality cards and that's all the game needs.

5/5

Setup:

1. Deal each player 10 (random) white cards
2. Whoevers first takes a random black card to read and the game starts.

Can't really complain...You don't even need to take the cards out of the box (Though we usually do).

5/5

Gameplay:

Each turn, the 'active' player, which rotates around the table/floor/wherever-you're-playing draws a black card and reads it out. The other players choose 1 (, 2 or 3) of their white cards, entering them secretly to be mixed up before the active player reads them out (filled into the black card where there's a gap). The active player then chooses which one they like the most, or made them laugh the most, or whatever arbitrary reason they like, and the player that entered that card or cards says as such and takes the black card as a point. The player with the most points when the game ends...whenever that happens to be, is the winner.

This is a very simple mechanism, similar to that of Dixit which I also own. While it's well executed for the first few games it's very...front-heavy, with it having far less replayability than something like Dixit thanks to the fixed set of cards and content. To analyse too far...First game this gets a 10, but by 10 games in it's a 4...so i'll give it a 7.

7/10

Theme:

There's not really a theme, other than being horrible people...So this is pretty much an arbitrary rating I'm giving it based on roughly how well the variety of cards fits the game, which is to say most of them but with a lot of 'stinkers', which is partly just because I have the American version of the game and many of the things just aren't funny for a Brit ^^.

6/10

Conclusion:

Well, I think it's a fantastic idea for a party game, and while the humour lasted it was fantastic. Unfortunately, as I touched on in the gameplay bit of this review, it lacks replayability in a big way, with the same cards coming up game after game just getting tiring and annoying fast. I think my 6/10 is possibly too high for how I feel about the game after playing it a load of times, but I want to give it some credit as it's certainly very good for the first few times ^^.

My BGG Rating: 6/10

Overall: 7.3/10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found a lot of replayability in this game. The key is to buy the expansions and shuffle them in immediately. If you play with just the base game over and over, especially with the same group, yeah it will get a bit overplayed.

Also playing with new people keeps it fresh as cards that you aren't finding as funny anymore may still get a lot of laughs from them.

I have the game plus all expansions, plus some fan made ones and have easily played the game close to 100 times and it still has us crying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hartwell
England
Billericay
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have only played once, loved it so much that we went through all the cards, this was likely to be a big mistake!

We got 1 expansion, worried that only the US have the expansions it would contain loads of US related cards but most of them are generic

We are only likely to play it once every 6 months or so, hopefully in that time we will forget alot of the cards (and lets face it, you gotta have a drink with this game IMO)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.