Robert Kelsey
United States
flag msg tools
I have a suggestion for a small change to BGG, hopefully one that many people will find useful. I would like each person to be able to enter and save comments about other BGGers that only they could see. This way we could save notes about people who were helpful to us (or otherwise) without having to dig through all our previous files to find out what interaction we have had with a particular person in the past. For example NinjaBob was very helpful to me way back in a matter involving some GeekGold. It would be nice for me to have a way to save a note I could access from his profile so I could remember this. Another example would be if you read about a bad trader, it would be nice if you could save a note on his profile so if in six months you are thinking about a trade with them you can see your note and avoid that person. Now the point here is not for other people to see the note, but for me to have access to it personally. There are a lot of great people here on the geek who have helped me out, and I can't/won't be able to remember them all (especially if they change their avatar which people do occassionally). I got the idea from some online poker sites where you can leave personal notes attacted to other people that you can read. I had been thinking about it for awhile, but the recent problems described at made me think that it might be useful to others as well. Well, I hope this is making sense, and that the magical Aldie et al. can work something out. Thanks for the site Aldie! thumbsup
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.