Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I was thinking on getting this game now or wait for the reprint. Which is the best option? Will I earn anything in terms of corrected errata or improved map or something?

If I wait for the reprint will I wait several months for GMT reprint it?

Thanks in advance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Ramsey
United States
Grove City
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Hush
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a chance, get it now. There is a bit of errata on this one, which is available on the GMT website. Mostly this consists of a handful of typos and in the rulebook, adding some clarifications to the rulebook, and changing the order of two symbols on one card. Definitely not enough to warrant waiting at least several months to see if it will be reprinted. It currently only lists 36 preorders for a new printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
"We don't see things as they are, but as we are." Anais Nin
mbmbmbmbmb
AnyMouse wrote:
If you have a chance, get it now. There is a bit of errata on this one, which is available on the GMT website. Mostly this consists of a handful of typos and in the rulebook, adding some clarifications to the rulebook, and changing the order of two symbols on one card. Definitely not enough to warrant waiting at least several months to see if it will be reprinted. It currently only lists 36 preorders for a new printing.

+1

The sooner you get it the sooner you'll be living a BETTER gaming life...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This game helped me get into the other two. Quick set up is a bonus. Go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Grossman
United States
Grand Junction
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Both! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you played any other COIN game?

If you haven't and don't mind the wait, I'd get the reprint. The errata in the rulebook and cards are totally minor and not worth waiting. BUT if you want to learn the game using the playbook, you'll have a much easier time if you can get a cleaned up version. There are so many inconsistencies and errors in the tutorial that I found it unnecessarily hard to learn the game using it.

If you have already played a COIN game or have someone in your gaming group who knows Cuba Libre or any of the other COIN games, then you can just as well get it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could buy it, play it 40x, and sell it for OOP prices before the reprint comes out. Unless it gets added to an automatic reprint schedule, the reprint is quite awhile off. As the easiest entry into the COIN system, it's not worth waiting on. Also, GMT will post .pdfs of the updated rules and playbooks if/when they create them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I say now. I picked up Cuba Libre very recently because I doubt we'll see a reprint of it this year and didn't want to wait. That and I watched A Distant Plain quickly climb into the $100 range on Ebay after it went out of print at the online retailers.

So your choice comes down to three. Andean Abyss is in print and Fire in the Lake is coming next month. Cuba Libre is the one that you will have difficulty getting in 3-6 months so for me that's the logical one to get now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for the reprint. I'm not in a hurry and would prefer to have a game with less errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
I'm waiting for the reprint. I'm not in a hurry and would prefer to have a game with less errata.

I agree with Nick.
I will wait for the reprint. Played A Distant Plain yesterday and it was very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.