Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Green
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This notice is to let you know that Endgame, a store in Oakland, CA, is hosting its first Wargames Day. If you have a wargame you've been wanting to play, and have had a hard time finding others to join you, bring it, and then recruit!

Here is their description of the event:

Historical Board Game Mayhem
Join us the last Sunday of each month for a full day of historical board games. This includes anything from Hex and Counter to conquest style games. You bring it, and others will play! This has been a much requested event, so we hope to see you here!

Their website is www.endgameoakland.com

I'll be there with Bonaparte at Marengo, possibly; Bitter Woods, Waterloo, and Ancients: Command and Colors.

Cheers!

Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Fantastic! Wish I could be there! I hope you have a good turnout and a lot of fun.

I think EndGame needs a satallite store in Novato--oh and gaming times at night after my daughter goes to sleep laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sprydle wrote:
Fantastic! Wish I could be there! I hope you have a good turnout and a lot of fun.

I think EndGame needs a satallite store in Novato--oh and gaming times at night after my daughter goes to sleep laugh

There's a regular board game night on at Gamescape in San Rafael, every Thursday, 6 til 10. Not much wargaming goes on since most regulars prefer Eurogames but I can occasionally convince someone to play one of my games.

As for Endgame, I'm not sure what to bring with me. I've got quite a few 2-4 hour 2 player wargames and a few multiplayer epics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Green
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Paul,

Glad to hear you can make it. Looking through your game list these games jumped off the page for me; This Accursed War, Hammer of the Scots, Wilderness War, and for multi-player games Pax Romana.

I would imagine other people would also want to play these games, as they rate well, and play well.

See you Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
PaulBravey wrote:
Sprydle wrote:

There's a regular board game night on at Gamescape in San Rafael, every Thursday, 6 til 10. Not much wargaming goes on since most regulars prefer Eurogames but I can occasionally convince someone to play one of my games.

As for Endgame, I'm not sure what to bring with me. I've got quite a few 2-4 hour 2 player wargames and a few multiplayer epics.

Endgame's game space is simply amazing compared to Gamescape--a pleasure to see and play in, while Gamescape is just your typical "folding chair and table in back" experience. That said, I'd take it in a heartbeat, but for the last caveat: "gaming times after my daughter goes to sleep." Wouldn't get much playing in if I can't leave home until 9pm! Nope, it's mainly VASSAL for me for quite some time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.