Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Grail Ice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If the runner hits my Galahad (ETR) and I reveal a Lancelot (Trash 1 Program) and Merlin (Deal 2 net damage), it's clear the Trash 1 Program and Deal 2 net damage can be in any order I choose, but how about the ETR? Does it have to be before or after the other 2 subs, or any order I choose?

For reference, the wording on Grail Ice is "When the Runner encounters _____, you may reveal up to 2 grail ice from HQ. For the remainder of this run, _____ gains the subroutines of the revealed ice in the order of your choice."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Moyano Loyola
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:

For reference, the wording on Grail Ice is "When the Runner encounters _____, you may reveal up to 2 grail ice from HQ. For the remainder of this run, _____ gains the subroutines of the revealed ice in the order of your choice."


I am wondering why you think that this is not clear enough? You decide the order of the subroutines.
14 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hutchin
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mb
I see what you are asking, since it says the gained subroutines go in the order of your choice, does that affect the subroutine it already has? I think you can add he gained subroutines before the subroutine already on the card, but I don't know for sure about that
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As it is worded, it almost sounds like the additional subroutines will get placed after the ETR, but in any order you want. Which kind of sucks, since if none of the subs on Galahad get broken, the Lancelot and Merlin subs won't ever fire.

Hopefully this gets FAQ'd soon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chew
msg tools
mb
Twitch_City wrote:
As it is worded, it almost sounds like the additional subroutines will get placed after the ETR, but in any order you want. Which kind of sucks, since if none of the subs on Galahad get broken, the Lancelot and Merlin subs won't ever fire.

Hopefully this gets FAQ'd soon.


As a contrast with Jinteki ICE Sensei, which adds the ETR sub at the end of each ICE there after, we can safely assume the intention of this ICE is to let us arrange the subs the way we want.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, here we do not need yet another query to Lukas. For me it is clear the "In the order of your choice" implies that the ICE can gain new subroutines BEFORE the current end the run that Grail ice has.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For each new subroutine it gains, you decide where to put it. I don't think you can "move" the End the Run printed on the card, but it doesn't matter as you can place each new subroutine before or after it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cowseye wrote:
Twitch_City wrote:
As it is worded, it almost sounds like the additional subroutines will get placed after the ETR, but in any order you want. Which kind of sucks, since if none of the subs on Galahad get broken, the Lancelot and Merlin subs won't ever fire.

Hopefully this gets FAQ'd soon.


As a contrast with Jinteki ICE Sensei, which adds the ETR sub at the end of each ICE there after, we can safely assume the intention of this ICE is to let us arrange the subs the way we want.


This is exactly what I was going to reference. You get to add them in any order you choose, and there is no stated restriction on the Grail ICE that it has to go after all of the subroutines already on the ICE. You can put them before the End the Run.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aldershof II
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Isgrimnur5 wrote:
selwyth wrote:

For reference, the wording on Grail Ice is "When the Runner encounters _____, you may reveal up to 2 grail ice from HQ. For the remainder of this run, _____ gains the subroutines of the revealed ice in the order of your choice."


I am wondering why you think that this is not clear enough? You decide the order of the subroutines.


I have been out of netrunner since April '14, because of some family medical issues. I just went thru ALL 120 cards of the Lunar Cycle, which I missed, and added them to my database. I memorized most going over and over them thru my database 4 times back and forth. After going thru all of the cards and having an ANR notes file on my desktop, I came up with only 1 question.

And it was EXACTLY this QUESTION. I haven't posted or talked with my old playgroup or anything. I just wanted to add one note before I share what my verdict was on the wording. Before I start digging in the FAQs.

==**== I don't understand how you (Guido) think this is 100% clear? ==**==

The only conclusion, which really isn't a conclusion, I came up with after reading these cards (Grail ICE) is:

A. Gains the subroutines. OK so it gains them. Right after the one it has. And when it gains them you can choose the order of the two it gains.

That's the first case and most completely logical. But logic is the key, cause no one has stated LIFO or FIFO etc.

B. Gains the subroutines and you can put anything anywhere and do whatever you want put this there that there etc.

Now one could assume B because the text says "the order of your choice"

But card games don't usually work that way, sorry my friend.

So I would say A. If I had to bet. (I am from vegas)

But now off to the FAQs to see how this all went down.

Remember I went thru all 120 Lunar Cycle cards and these were the only ones that presented ONE QUESTION.

But this is so OBVIOUS. PLEASE!

Laters...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vaduva
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether or not it was clear before, this one has in fact been answered in the FAQ.

FAQ 1.6 p. 13 wrote:
Can the Corp add subroutines to a piece of grail ice in any order (by using other grail ice)?
Yes. The Corp can add subroutines to grail ice before or after any subroutines, including the subroutine printed on the card.


Just posting in case anyone is searching for the final answer.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.