Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing in the Online Legendary: Marvel League... and it got me to thinking about how to implement something similar for my favorite super hero game.

Would anyone be interested in participating in a trial run of an online campaign? I would be looking (initially) for only about ten players. If this proves to work well, we could open the next volume to a much larger group.

The general rules would be that the group would select a pool of heroes for use in the campaign (with some chosen at random) to face a mastermind (chosen at random). The group would also select a pool of villains that are helping the mastermind (with some chosen at random) and a pool of environments that would be used (with some chosen at random). Each episode's line-up would be posted and each participant would play the match-up with his/her gaming group and then report the outcome. I would compile all the outcomes to determine the final result. Then the next episode would be posted and the players would play the next episode. This would continue until either the mastermind or the hero wins enough episodes to be victorious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Minutillo
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too. How would you handle number of players (most of my Games are solo)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
codermike wrote:
Me too. How would you handle number of players (most of my Games are solo)

I'm planning on running this as a 4-hero league. So each player would play with 4-heroes (regardless of the number of players at the table). If you want to play all 4 heroes then go ahead!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am writing up the rules / guidelines and will post them this evening. After that, I will take names for the sign up (since it appears that there might be an interest).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hunnicutt
United States
Arden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Which expansions would be used for this? I'd hate to start something I can't finish because I don't have Miss Information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Hunnicutt wrote:
Which expansions would be used for this? I'd hate to start something I can't finish because I don't have Miss Information.

Which expansions will be "negotiable" for the test run that we would do. I have all of the official expansions (and some of the unofficial ones). The only one that we wouldn't be using would be the Vengeance villains (which don't fit well with the format, I don't think). The participants get a vote in which villains are put into the pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Briar Bowser
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
I would be interested as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pearson
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
depending on how it works i might be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest Bryant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Gannage
United States
Templeton
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Rory Rocks!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't gotten SoTM yet, but I am planning on getting it in the near future and would be very interested in joining a campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elak Namffog
United States
poplar grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would be interested!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EliasMG wrote:
I haven't gotten SoTM yet, but I am planning on getting it in the near future and would be very interested in joining a campaign.

Welcome to our favorite game! LOL. You will probably want to check out getting as many of the expansions as you can. The small ones are not too expensive. You might have to pace yourself on the larger expansions, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Gannage
United States
Templeton
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Rory Rocks!
mbmbmbmbmb
Odysseus3 wrote:
EliasMG wrote:

Welcome to our favorite game! LOL. You will probably want to check out getting as many of the expansions as you can. The small ones are not too expensive. You might have to pace yourself on the larger expansions, though.

Yep, I most definitely want to get Shattered Timelines first and then maybe some small expansions later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay... I've got a draft of the rules ready. Should I start a new thread or post them here? Does anyone have a preference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Briar Bowser
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Eh I'd just do what you feel deep down at the very bottom of your very soul. Believe in the heart of the cards that believe in the heart of you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, then... here are the guidelines for the Online Campaign. I will take the first ten names that respond (after this posting). In this thread, we will gather the information for the Campaign. Then I will create another thread for the actual running of the Campaign.

Here we go!!!!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Sentinels of the Multiverse – Online Campaign: Test Series

Basic Information
All participants must have all the expansions listed below to play in the Campaign. When you sign up to play, you agree to put forth an honest effort to “keep up” with the rest of the league (playing and reporting according to the deadlines). You should not play any given episode more than once (with the intent of reporting your best result).
Signing Up and Reporting

Sign-ups for this Test Series will open on June 21st. This Test Series will only hold ten players (not including the moderator). Each player / group will have one week to play the current episode. The deadline for reporting each episode will be midnight on Sunday of the current week. The series will run until it ends (the exact number of episodes isn’t known, but it should last about 8-12 episodes). If a group fails to report an episode by the deadline, that player / group will get a warning. They will have one more week to report the result of that episode (and the next week’s episode). If a group fails to report two weeks in a row, that group will be removed from the Campaign (though they may join in the next one).

Selecting the Mastermind
Once the list of participants is finalized, each participant will submit their preference for which villain will be the Mastermind for the Campaign. Each participant should send (to the moderator) via GeekMail (not posted in the forum) their selection for Mastermind. Their selection should include three choices (ranked 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice). The villains from Vengeance should not be selected. The moderator will compile the selections, and post which villain will be the Mastermind for the Campaign.

Selecting the Villain Pool
The Mastermind will have a pool of villains that will be assisting him/her to accomplish his nefarious goals. After the Mastermind is selected, each participant should send the Moderator their selection of three villains for the villain pool (ranked 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice). The villains from Vengeance should not be selected. The Moderator will compile the choices and the six villains with the highest rankings will be assigned to the pool. In addition, two other villains will be assigned to the pool at random. That will give a total of 8 villains plus 1 Mastermind in the pool.

Selecting the Environment Pool
After the villain pool is created, the same process will be used to create the environments that will be used in the Campaign. After the eight environments are assigned to the Campaign, three of those will be selected at random to be “Key Environments” for the Campaign. These are the environments that are important to the Mastermind for his villainous endeavors. There will be a total of 8 possible environments for the Campaign.

Selecting the Hero Pool
After the Environment Pool is created, the same process will be used to create the pool of heroes that will be used for the Campaign. However, the top eight heroes will be used (from the participant’s selections). And then four random heroes will be added to the pool (for a total of 12 heroes in the pool).

Episodes and Campaign Points
On Sunday of each week, the moderator will post that week’s episode. Each episode will list which villain must be faced (and whether or not that villain will be played in Advanced mode) and which environment must be used. In addition, each week’s episode will show three heroes that must be used. Each participant will be allowed to select one hero to play with that week from a short list of available heroes. Each episode will also be assigned a number of Campaign Points (CPs) representing how important that episode is to the Mastermind. The number of CPs assigned to the episode will range from 1 to 4 (with most episodes being worth 1 or 2).

If the majority of participants in the Campaign have their heroes win the episode, then the Heroes will win the CPs. If the majority of the participants in the Campaign have their heroes lose the episode, then the Mastermind will win the CPs. When either the Heroes or the Mastermind has 8 or more CPs than the other, the Campaign will end (with either the Heroes or Mastermind winning).

Statistics and Reporting
It is not clear which stats will be the best to track for the Campaign (besides the obvious win or loss). For the Test Campaign, we will be reporting the following information with each episode: Win/Loss, Which Hero was added to the Team, Number of Turns, Which Heroes were Incapacitated at Episode End, HPs on each Hero / Villain at Episode End.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Briar Bowser
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
I claim this spot in the name of mars - isn't that lovely?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me me me.

You said that you would mention the required expansions, but then failed to do that. So what expansions are we using. (I have all of them, so I'm good, but others may not.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Minutillo
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More Sentinels is always a "good thing", I'd be interested in this little experiment (so long as it doesn't get out of control and release lamprey eels genetically modified to hunt down people playing as heroes or something).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brayle wrote:
Me me me.

You said that you would mention the required expansions, but then failed to do that. So what expansions are we using. (I have all of them, so I'm good, but others may not.)

I am planning on polling the participants (to take their circumstances into account). I have all the expansions as well and am willing to use them all (except for the villains from Vengeance... not the format very well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
More Sentinels is always a "good thing", I'd be interested in this little experiment (so long as it doesn't get out of control and release lamprey eels genetically modified to hunt down people playing as heroes or something).

LOL... Man! You are on to me! ROTFL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.