Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already read the somewhat convoluted explanation further down in the rules thread but it still didn't quite answer this question: Can you out a GBU "I" weapon into 2 hexes or only one?

Can I put one into the hex I'm in and another into a second hex within range? Can I fire into two different hexes outside the one I'm in? I understand I can use conventional weaponry and a GBU somewhere else but can I use 2 GBU's in two different hexes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GBUs let you fire into max 1 extra hex in your firing range from high altitude
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

And it has to be in the aircraft's firing arc.

So always assuming that each weapon has the range, altitude, and firing arc it needs...

...you could fire one "I" weapon into one hex and another "I" weapon into another hex.

... you could one "I" weapon into your own hex and another into another eligible hex.

...you could fire two Mavericks at two trucks in a hex two hexes distant directly in front of you, and a pair of GBU-12s at a couple of tanks in the hex directly in front of you.

At least that's how I think it works.

The easy way to think about it is that your aircraft gets to pick one hex it's attacking. You can hit several units in that hex if you have the right weapons. If you are using "I" weapons you get to pick a second hex and attack units there, but only with "I" weapons. The first hex can use "I" weapons or any others, the second hex can only be hit by "I" weapons.

What you cannot do is hit the units in your own hex with some weapons and hit targets in *TWO* other hexes with "I" weapons.

I hope that doesn't muddy the waters even more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:
.. you could fire one "I" weapon into your own hex and another into another eligible hex.

This was essentially my question. So you can fire two GBUs into different hexes. Great! (Otherwise my last victory would have been tarnished).

I was dealing with 10 tanks (Tank Spearhead Battalion) and the GBUs were invaluable. I took the attack (4) (16s?) so I could load up more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The example on page 9 covers that exactly, I think.

Quote:
Example: You declare that your A-10 will attack Units in the Hex directly in front of the A-10. GBU-12’s can attack Units in that Hex, as well as Units in the same Hex as your A-10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="andreww"]
The example on page 9 covers that exactly, I think.

Quote:
Example: You declare that your A-10 will attack Units in the Hex directly in front of the A-10. GBU-12’s can attack Units in that Hex, as well as Units in the same Hex as your A-10.

Ah geez. Guess I should read the examples huh. That's the trouble when all the rules are new. Sometimes you don't see the forest for the trees. I completely missed that. Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Actually the example may be different in the printed rules. I use a PDF for reference so I don't have to dig out the rules. I'm worried that there are differences between the PDF and the printed rules that will make me look like a fool one day. The example in your book may be different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.